Wednesday, July 22, 2020

No. Touching.

It's so interesting how humans just love to...well touch things.
Like. 
I don't know if we're just genetically coded to have to touch everything in sight.
But it sure feels like it when I watch customer after customer after customer handle the exact same product in a row and then not buy it.

They have to feel it. Handle it. Turn it over. Pick it up. Poke it.

And like I get it.
You want to know what you're getting and humans 'look best' when they're looking with their fingers. 
I've done it myself before I catch myself doing it.

We like to touch things.

But it does get frustrating in the middle of a pandemic just how much touching goes on.

Like I see at least twenty people if not more touch the exact same spot on the glass when they're pointing to a fish or an animal.
I see multiple people touch and pat the bandanas we had out as temporary masks for those who forgot them. 

And it's frustrating.
Because we don't know where those people have been. What they've touched previous. How recently they'd washed their hands.

*exhales* 

It will be nice when I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Where I can let people point and press their fingers against the glass without having to say 'please don't touch' or 'please stand behind the line.'

For now though.
It's just a constant phrase that I have to use.
To remind people that touching things isn't the best of ideas right now. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment