Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Missing You

It's been kinda an emotional sort of day.
Because it's Mother Dearest's Birthday.
And it just kinda hits harder. On special occasions. 
To realize that your loved ones aren't around to celebrate with you.

Today wasn't easy.
Especially considering I had to work and such.
So it was quite the feat to hide my teary eyes from coworkers and customers.
Somehow I managed it.

But it was rough.

Like last year on Mother Dearest's Birthday, Kikay and I ventured out to Barnes and Noble and then to Arctic Circle together to remember her via books and getting a lime ricki as those were two things she loved.

But due to me working evening shifts.
My shift ended up taking up the entire day.
And due to Covid things closed earlier.
So I couldn't visit Barnes and Noble today because it was already closed by the time I got off work.

Thankfully Arctic Circle was still open.
So I could drop by there to get the lime ricki. 

But earlier.
Before my shift at work started.
I decided to do something different to just like...honor her memory and such.

And Mother Dearest loved giving gifts to people.
It was one of her favorite things I think, to go on trips and bring back souvenirs and help out her kids whenever we needed a hand and such.

So I ended up going online and ordering a few gifts to send to my siblings and Daddoo. 
Just something for them to look forward to getting in the next couple of days. 

Hopefully they like them.
But yah.

It's not an easy day.
That's for sure. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment