Friday, July 17, 2020

Where'd You Leave It?

You gotta love that moment where you're like "Where is my package?!" 

I mean.
Those moments tend to happen less often nowadays because you often receive a message to your phone saying your package has been delivered often accompanied by a picture of where the package was left.

But today.
I had that moment. 
That "Where is my package?!" moment.

Because I'd received a notification that my package had been delivered. And in the notes it was like "It was handed directly to a resident." 

So I was like "Cool! My roomie must have got it!"
So I shot her a text and was like "Hey! I meant to tell you earlier that I was expecting a package today, but thanks for grabbing it for me!" 

And I thought that would be that.
That I would come home and have my package waiting inside.

Except.

Roomie texted me back "Uhm..I didn't grab anything because I'm not home right now." 

O_o
Okay...that...that was concerning. As my other roomie should have still been at work at that point in time.
So if first roomie wasn't home....
Who did the mail guy hand my package to?

But maybe. Just maybe 2nd roomie had come home early from work and happened to be there right as the mail guy was delivering my package.

So I shot them a text.
Asking if they were home.

"No? I'm still at work." was the response.

:S :S :S :S
So both roomies are gone.
And yet 'someone had my package' 

I could only suppose that either my package had been delivered to the wrong house and I would have to go package hunting when I got home from work if my roomies didn't find it first (as they would get home before me.)
Or else there had been a mis...filing? Of how the package was delivered and it would be waiting for me on the porch when one of us got home.

Well...
I was correct in that it was a misfiling. 
The location I guessed my package would be found in was wrong.

No.
When 2nd roomie got home.
She discovered my package sitting in the driveway in front of the garage.

Which.
On occasion we've found our packages leaning up against the garage door as our front door isn't immediately visible from the street.

Which is a rather stupid place to leave the package because there's a chance people won't see the package before they back their cars out of the garage...and whelp bye bye package.
But at least it's like...leaning against something.

No, roomie found the package -along with another mis-delivered package for the neighbor across the way, sitting in the middle of the driveway.
Out in plain sight.
At least two feet away from the garage door.

Like.
Dude.
Seriously?!

Just leave the packages in the middle of the driveway where anyone could see it and come grab it or accidentally run over it.....

*exhales*
I do wonder what was going on in the person's head when the left the package there.
Like what's the story? Why the middle of the driveway? Why say you 'handed it to a resident?' I don't get it. 

*shakes head*
At least I got my package (and roomie delivered the other package to the neighbor so they could get theirs too). 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment