Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Bump in the Night

Sometimes I wonder if people realize how loud they're actually being.


The apartment complex where I live, has notoriously thin walls and ceilings. My upstairs neighbors have always seemed to be very loud in their day to day activities. you can tell what room they are in, when they leave or enter the apartment by where their footsteps sound or how they slam the door.


My upstairs neighbors are really loud. I have often thought that it must be a guy's apartment above me, why would girls get so loud?
But no, every year its been a girls apartment over my head.
And a party apartment at that.
Even visitors comment on how loud our upstairs neighbors are.
"Elephants tramping about" is a usual description to describe them lol.


My first year here the ruckus upstairs got so bad, screams, thumps, running and slamming doors...that i thought somebody was getting murdered up there.
sometimes I wonder if their not lol.
The apartment upstairs is very 'violent'
By noises I can hear either a person is exercising...or they like to play 'energetic, moving, wrestling games.'
I'm not even sure if the same girls live in the upstairs apartment each year, there must be a common factor though if only one roommate stays the same, because they've always been loud.
It just thumps, like somebody has been thrown to the ground. Shaking us below by how much the walls vibrate.
No they have musical instruments up there as well...like a piano, drums, guitar....and video games it sounds like. Those resound through the apartment.
Then there is always the unexplained tapping that happens where they might be nailing things into the walls.
Why the upstairs people insist on continuing changing their wall decorations is somewhat of a mystery of me. lol.
I am guessing though.
I've never been in the upstairs apartment.
I have no idea who lives there.
I just know that they're loud and like to get physical.
Methinks that the must invite alot of guys over as well.


*shakes head*
At least its not too distracting....often.....
But I have to wonder...does the upstairs apartment realize how loud they are? How heavy they let their feet fall, how resounding their voices get?
I don't know lol.
But hopefully....next year.....a more quiet apartment will be above me. ;) lol.


Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment