Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Subdued....?

Recently I have been having problems with my eyes,
I usually say that they are in Rebellion.
And  yesterday was one of the 'bad' days for my eyes where sunlight, or light bulb light, it didn't matter effected them in a bad way where it has been hard for me to even drive.


With the urging of my parents to get a Priesthood Blessing,
I asked two young men in my ward if they would come and give me a blessing to help me
make it until I could go see the eye doctor in a couple of weeks.
Luckily, the two I asked were worthy of their Priesthood and they came over right away.


lol, I think they were surprised when I answered the door looking happy and cheerful.
I think they were expecting somebody lying on the floor moaning in pain haha.
(My sister texted them for me, I didn't talk to them until I answered the door.)
I'm not exactly in pain, my rebellious eyes just make it hard for me to be in bright light
and when the Elders came over it was dark, so I was perfectly happy, if a little worried/stressed. 
But they gave me a blessing. :)
There were many parts of the blessing that stuck out to me like "That while she drive she will be safe and others on the roads with her will be safe as well..." something along those lines basically meaning "When she drives protect her from harming herself and others."
But there was one area where the Elder said something along the lines of "her pain will be subdued.."
I'm not sure if the wording involved the first part.
I just remember the word subdued.
Why?
Because the Elder giving the blessing stumbled over the word.
lol.....and after the blessing ended he asked "Is subdued even a word?"
haha.
Yes....yes dear Elder, Subdued is a word :)
But it just confirmed to me that when a Priesthood holder lays his hands on your head to give you a blessing, he's basically making himself a conduit for the Lord to express his will. Why else would the Elder have said that word if he hadn't realized it was a word?


But I actually like the word Subdued now.
For me it means that my pain, the problems I go through will still be there, but they will be muted/faded/weaker.
So I'll still have problems until I know what I need to do to help my eyes not rebel against me, but they wont' be as....Noticeable? I"m guessing...or as 'time consuming.'
I admit that this morning felt pretty good, I had a little trouble with my eyes but not as much as I had been having the last week or so.
And I can see the Lord's hand in my life.
How?
I had called this morning to set up an appointment for the first available date because I couldn't wait for my appointment in December because if i"m struggling now....there's no knowing what I"ll be like in two months. So I made the appointment which would still be a couple of weeks away to see the doctor.
I had been glad that the earliest time was still open because I had a project due that afternoon and I wouldn't be missing any school.
But then on my way to school the receptionist/secretary person called me back to say that a fellow had called saying that he needed to move his eye appointment to a different day and that this Friday morning at the same time I could come in.
I like to think that the Lord influenced the guy to change his appointment so that I could get in sooner. And I feel very blessed because of it. Its even more of a lucky day because my first class had been cancelled giving me plenty of time to drive up to the eye doctor and back, though I will most likely end up missing the Devotional :( :( :( I'm glad that I can get to see the eye doctor sooner so that I can find out what my eyes are doing. :)


Priesthood blessings help in many ways, you just need to 'open your eyes' and see how they can help you in everyday life if you just know where to 'look' for and appreciate them and what the Lord is doing to help you out as you go about your day.


1 Corinthians 10:13


Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment