Thursday, November 18, 2010

From the Future Past

Dear Sarnic; (and reader)

Greetings from the future.
No you are not going crazy this is actually happening.
Pretty cool yes?
So anyway. I am writing to you my youngerself to tell you to serve others more.
Stop thinking of yourself because in the future it doesn't get you very far.
Follow your Patriarticle blessing and happily step out of your way to serve others in need.
Help out your siblings because keeping close ties with family is very scarce here.
Keep Kay and Todd close. They can help you out more then you know.
Also accept church callings with good grace. Even if you hate the calling -Trust me you will- Act happy about it because complaining will get you nowhere.
You're probably finding this letter boring, but the future will be boring if you don't try to reach out.
-Oh I got to go. Duty calls.

- Good luck, Have Trust in the Lord. He knows what he is doing.

-Sarnic ^-^

(*note names have been changed from original names)

This morning I was going through some papers I keep in the pocket of my scripture case, and I came across this letter.
I don't really remember writing it.
But I do remember one of my teachers in Seminary telling me to write a letter to myself in present day as if I had written this letter from the future and somehow managed to send it into the past.
I thought it was interesting what I chose to tell myself from the future in the past. lol. And how it still applies to today.
But I thought the advice I gave myself was good enough to share with you fellow readers.
It actually seemed like good advice haha :)
I hope it gave you something to think about. :)
It certainly made me think...Am I doing enough?
Am I helping others more?
Am I doing things with good grace?
Am I trusting in the Lord?

Just a reminder I guess lol.
It seems like we constantly need to get reminders from different sources to
a) straighten up
b) keep moving forward your doing good
or c) some other option lol.
:)
Why I needed to read this "Letter to myself" today, or why I felt the need to share it with you.... I do not know lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment