Monday, November 29, 2010

Forget-Me-Nots

My Fish Dobby left me a gift.

A nice fish tank sized watermark on my desk.
...that won't go away.

At least the bright side is that I discovered this before it got really bad...
cleaning the space where the tank had been.....allowed me to see the mark before
it was totally black with mold....but its still visible....grrrr bad fish tank!! >.<

I'm considering calling it "Dobby's Mark."
A constant reminder of my college fish buddy.

But as I stared at the watermark I had this strange thought.

What else do we see on a daily basis that has us remember something or a person from our past?

A "Forget-me-not" in a sense.

A favorite blanket made by a grandmother
A figurine given to you while visiting another country.
A stain on the floor from a fun game night.
A ding in the door from when you tried to move some piece of furniture in the house.
A trinket given to you to celebrate a special day.

We surround ourselves with visual objects that hold memories of events or people.
Most of the time the objects contain good memories.
Or memories of friends/family/pets you don't want to forget.

I know I've mentioned before how smells or sounds can trigger memories.
But how many memories do we trigger by what we surround ourselves by?
look about your room and look at the things in there. Do they spark thoughts/feelings/memories?
They should. You usually choose what is in your room.
Why do you keep what you keep?
Why do you move things around
or get rid of other things?

Sometimes you can't get rid of something. Like a stain. But you can cover it up. But the reminder is usually there...even if you do manage to forget about it for a time.

hmmm
Dobby's Mark.
What other marks have been left to remind?

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment