Friday, November 19, 2010

I've Tried to be Fair

Lord Farquaad: [playing with Gingy's legs] Run, run, run as fast as you can / You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!
Gingerbread Man: You're a monster!
Lord Farquaad: [tossing legs away] I'm not the monster here, YOU are! You and the rest of that fairytale trash, poisoning my perfect world. Now tell me, where are the others?
Gingerbread Man: Eat me!
[spits in Farquaad's face]
Lord Farquaad: I've tried to be fair to you creatures, but now my patience has reached its end! Tell me, or I'll...
[reaches down]
Gingerbread Man: NO! Not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!
Lord Farquaad: All right, then! Who's hiding them?
Gingerbread Man: Okay, I'll tell you... Do you know... the Muffin Man?
Lord Farquaad: The Muffin Man?
Gingerbread Man: The Muffin Man.
Lord Farquaad: Yes, I know the Muffin Man. W-who lives down on Drury Lane?
Gingerbread Man: Well, she's married to the Muffin Man...
Lord Farquaad: The Muffin Man?
Gingerbread Man: THE MUFFIN MAN!
Lord Farquaad: She's married to the Muffin Man...



I've tried to be fair.
You know, a theme in many movies with a bad ruler...is that they have tried to be 'fair' to those not like them.
They end up trying to kill, extinguish, stomp out, or change whatever ideas are not their own.
Being fair...means for these rulers
"I will give you a chance to conform to MY ideas and rules. Or else...You get the boot.
There doesn't ever seem to be any work to trying to harmonize or blend cultures.
Either you are or you aren't.
There is no middle ground.

Why is that?
It must be something important to us as human beings to prove that "our way" is the "right way" and there is no need to compromise or conform to the 'weaker groups' ideas.

We even seem to do that in real life.
Hitler  is an example.
What happened to the Native Americans is another.

Why must there be a need to have someone's way proven the 'best way?'
Can they not all be equal? A blend of more then one idea that makes two alright ideas into the best way ever?
Apparently not.
But I think...we might be working towards it.....maybe.
But it doesn't seem noticeable, not with all the wars, and fights for rights going on.
Its still on the small scale methinks.
Hopefully it will grow bigger soon.
And Fairness will change its meaning from "My way or the highway" to "Equality and Understanding" or something....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment