Tuesday, November 30, 2010

If the World Was Crazy

Exhaustion makes it hard to think I've discovered.


So tonight I will take an easy way out.
And just share a random favorite poem of mine.


If the World Was Crazy
By Shel Silverstein

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd eat?
A big slice of soup and a whole quart of meat,
A lemonade sandwich, and then I might try
Some roasted ice cream or a bicycle pie,
A nice notebook salad, an underwear roast,
An omelet of hats and some crisp cardboard toast,
A thick malted milk made from pencils and daisies,
And that's what I'd eat if the world was crazy.

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd wear?
A chocolate suit and a tie of éclair,
Some marshmallow earmuffs, some licorice shoes,
And I'd read a paper of peppermint news.
I'd call the boys "Suzy" and I'd call the girls "Harry,"
I'd talk through my ears, and I always would carry
A paper umbrella for when it grew hazy
To keep in the rain, if the world was crazy.

If the world was crazy, you know what I'd do?
I'd walk through the ocean and swim in my shoe,
I'd fly through the ground and I'd skip through the air,
I'd run down the bathtub and bathe on the stair.
When I met somebody I'd say, "Goodbye, Joe,"
And when I was leaving -- then I'd say "Hello."
And the greatest of men would be silly and lazy
So I would be king … if the world was crazy.




In 4th grade we had to memorize a poem. I don't remember why. It was an assignment though.
I remember that I spent the weekend at my Great-Grandma's house sitting in her loft that was only reached by a spiral staircase.
And I sat up there memorizing the poem.
lol I thought it was silly and fun.
Almost like a 'backwards' day type of poem.
It was fun to say and if I remember correctly....
I was one of the few to say it all correctly.
Of course we had choices of other poems
And I think this one was our longest one....
Few of my classmates picked it.
But it was fun to say.


But I don't really wish that the world was crazy.
Because being king/queen of crazy people.....would take alot of work.
Especially if they're silly and/or lazy.
If I did all the work...
That wouldn't be much fun for me.
But you can't really be the silly/lazy person either
Somedays as you go about your routine.
Crazy things seem to happen and you're left as King/Queen of the mountain
Holding the hole shadaddle together by force of will and tons of string, gum and paperclips.
(yes I made up the word shadaddle. A fatigued mind believes its a good word to use in explanation.)
Just waiting for some other person to come along to help or take the whole shabang off your hands.
But definitely not hinder.
Hindering is annoying and time consuming....
Sometimes I feel as if we move about in a world of I can'ts.


I can't do that because of this.
I can't do that because of some other reason.


How many times in a day do we walk past something and think "Oh. Someone else will do that." or "I'll do that later."
If everyone else thinks that its a someone else problem....
Nothing would get done.


Ambition
By Milton Berle

I'd rather be a "could-be', if I cannot be an "are';
Because a "could-be" is a "maybe" who is reaching for a star.
I'd rather be a "has-been" than a "might-have-been', by far;
For a "might-have-been" has never "been", but a "has" was once an "are'.

Maybe the world is a little crazy....
But if it wasn't, we'd end up getting bored really quick.
Its good to have things that twist your routine slightly. Make life different for a moment.
Everything is good in moderation.....

And that about sums up my thoughts when my brain is exhausted and fatigued lol. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment