Sunday, November 21, 2010

Water and Cave Ins

The Beach.
Filled with tons of sand, maybe some shells, more sand, random plantlike creations, and more sand.
Of course you can't forget the water that goes with sand. But then there's the sand. Have I mentioned that? Sand?

Besides playing in the water, while at the beach one cannot resist playing in the sand.
Many people might build castles, racing the tide and perhaps digging moats to protect their creations.

Yet I liked to dig.
I think digging I might have had the goal to dig a hole deep enough to bury myself, at least up to the waist.
Yet I never really became successful in that endeavor.
Why?
No, it wasn't the sand...mostly...
It was the water...
I'm sure if I had decided to dig further up the beach water wouldn't have become a problem.
But sand is too dry and dusty further up the beach.
But anyway, back to digging.
Eventually as you dig down into the sand, getting into wet sand as you go down, water will begin to seep in.
Now, that wouldn't be a problem. You'd think.....
Water would keep the sand soft, and give you something cool to stick your hands and feet in.
But....it doesn't work that way.
Once water comes into the hole....it never seems to get deeper.
But it does get wider.
The water loosens the sand from below
To a point where the above drier sand collapses inward...since it can't really collapse outwards since it is a hole.
So you have to hurry and scoop the sand out from the bottom.
In time for more sand to fall in.

Maybe that's why, if you want to stop bailing out sand....you should stop digging.
Perhaps more sand will fall in to make the 'foundation' firm again to keep the walls from further caving in.

But until the water dissipates again covered by the sand.
The walls will continue caving in while the foundation is unstable.

Needless to say I eventually gave up with the digging.
I think I would manage to dig deep enough to get my knees covered....but most of the time it was mid calf I would bury my legs.
And then after a moment I'd unbury them and begin again lol.

Other things I would try would to be to dig a hole and use that sand to build something, and then try to fill the hole so that you couldn't care that the sand had ever been disturbed.
That's hard to do when the wet sand mixes with the dry sand....you just get more wet sand lol.
The best I could manage would to make it smooth or something.

But it never looked the same.....mostly because I kept messing around with the sand.
Because it never looked right.
Some problems...should just be left alone for a bit and allow others to make things right lol.
Time solves most problems :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment