Friday, November 26, 2010

That's the truth?

One thing I find intriguing about the Wheel of Time books are the Aes Sedai.
(people with magic powers.)
They take a binding oath to not tell lies.

Yet they can spin the truth like a top.
By pausing here, leaving this bit out,
or just wording things in a way that you think they said something they didn't.

They won't lie outright.
Yet they can lie if they believe the lie to be true.
Otherwise if they want to guide a person to a certain decision

I had always found the idea intriguing.
Of seeing what I can say to hide what I don't want to tell, but not lie. To give people a different impression to make them think what I want to them to think.

Its kind of fun really....though I don't really do it that often.
Its really not that easy.
Easier on computer.
Not in person.

How often do you lie?
Tell a white lie?
A half-truth?
The truth?

I wonder what people think of me when I do that and they find out later I didn't mean what they thought I meant.

In the Wheel of Time books Aes Sedai words are listened to with a grain of salt, unless they say the words right out.
But....if you are known as a trust worthy person. and you're words of truth are truthful....its just a matter of deciding. Does it help others doing this? Or only yourself.....

.....hmmmmm

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment