Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Glow

There are times when you just try and buckle down and make it seem like everything is fine...

When its not.
You might be feeling under the weather, or stressed, or some other negative emotional/thingymababer
That makes it difficult to be 'yourself'
Yet you try to appear normal, in order to not be a 'burden' on anyone else.

I have often tried to keep up the same 'energy' day after day and not let things get me down.
I have often thought I was successful.
And I am....to the nonobservant types.

Then there are those who pause...and look at you and go "are you alright?"

Last week on Monday one of my Institute teachers paused in his conversation with other classmates when I came into the classroom and asked "Are you alright?"
I had been suffering from a slight headache and my eyes....well you know that story already, but they were being a bit rebellious against the sunlight that day.
He -the institute teacher- was the one who ended up getting me thinking about scheduling my eye appointment for earlier then the end of December (I got one last Friday)

He had noticed I was feeling a bit better (I had received a blessing in between days I had his class)
And on Monday and as well as Today he remarked that I must be feeling better because "You're back!, I can see the glow around you again." -meaning I think that he could see I was more relaxed/happy.
But he could tell after I had seen the doctor and gotten a result (retina's weren't breathing well with current type of contacts, we're trying a different type) that I became 'more like myself'
Which I guess means I had "A glow about me"
I'm not sure what this glow is....happiness...spiritualness...contentment...just a bright energetic glow....
But He had noticed that the past couple of weeks (when my eyes really started throwing a temper tantrum)
That my 'glow' hadn't been as bright.
My energy levels weren't as high.
I had thought that I was appearing normal to most people....
and to most people I probably was...
but to those of keen sight, who can see the 'glows' around people.
Mayhaps they can tell when somebody isn't feeling the best.

lol maybe its only Institute teachers who can see. Being around spiritualness all day, he might have received a prompting by the spirit to ask if I was alright and then taken me on the path to actually get an appointment sooner.

Still it got me thinking about what type of "glow" I give off.
How can people tell I'm not a full 100%??
I've tried to keep up the same appearances....but I guess like an ill-fitting costume...if you're not acting exactly like you would if you were 100%, some things might be a little off....to those who pay attention.
To those who don't they might just glance at me and be like "Oh, she's fine."
Perhaps its the lack of doing things, withdrawing slightly into myself, how i dress, that can give visual clues that all might not be well. 
But when things are going well :) They can tell you're happy as well. :) 

The glow......hmmmmmmm

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment