Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cupcakes: A Recipe for Disaster

I had a cupcake last night.
It didn't seem like a world changing thing.
It was a vanilla cupcake with red frosting and sprinkles on top.
A typical valentines cupcake that you find around this time of year.

It didn't seem to be poisonous or to have anything hard embedded within.
So I took a bite...
and it was delicious!
But then....
my tongue discovered something odd.
A rough spot on one of my teeth.

And its amazing how suddenly trying to figure out that spot takes up most of my concentration lol.
What is it? Is something caught there? Did I break something? Where's a mirror so I can check?
Unfortunately I couldn't really see the actual damage until I got home last night.
And...it was a small fissure/crack thing. And floss would get caught in it.

And I was like...That's not good.
So what do I do?
I mess with it.
My tongue constantly running over it. Checking the mirror. Testing it out...which means....a chunk of it fell out because I was messing with it. (I hope it was a filling instead of a piece of my tooth. :S :S...I think the dentist thought it was just a part of my filling....they didn't seem to worried about it...but more on that later.)

And I was like.
Grrr >.< A piece fell out...and now that area of my mouth is sensitive to cold things...like liquids.
Which means...I really need to get into the dentist soon. lol :)
But then...I was checking my teeth again...
And I discovered....another hole in my mouth. :S
This time...in a visible spot if I smile big enough.
Another filling...had fallen out. And I hadn't realized!
Why not?
Well....it was at such an angle that...my tongue couldn't feel it. It was only something I could see in the mirror.
So that doubled my needs to get to a dentist soon.
Because...picking food out of holes in your teeth...is..*shudders/shivers* not fun.

So I waited anxiously for the morning and called as soon as I thought somebody might be at the dentist office.
Lucky me :D They could get me in today!
Unlucky me....it meant I needed to miss taking a quiz on the day I wanted to take it....but luckily enough...I have tomorrow to take it as well.... I just need to pay to take it because its the 'last day' of the quiz being in the testing center.
It was a matter of...like in that one talk...of picking between good, better and best.
And getting my teeth fixed...trumps taking a lil 'o quiz anyday.....(okay so it might not have if I knew I didn't have another day to take the quiz....but today...it trumps it. :D )
I could have taken this quiz later in the evening when I got back home....but I hadn't studied at all for it...so I probably wouldn't have been well prepared to take the thing.
So that quiz will be taken tomorrow. :)

But the good news is....
After a 45 minute process with No numbing agent whatsoever (yay!) I got my teeth all happy and filled again. :) lol.
...Okay so they're not too happy...the gums are kinda sore from all the different things they wedged into my mouth. *shudders*
But my teeth are happy. :D

But I just have to shake my head at this.
I mean...the only 'new thing' I'd eaten was that cupcake...
and look what it got me!
>.< Fillings Falling Out.
:D But...TaDa! They're as good as new so no more worries with that.

I just find it kind of odd...that a cupcake...maybe it was the tiny sprinkles on top....caused two of my fillings to fall out.
Funnily enough...the dental assistants said that they get people in here all the time with similar problems. They were eating soft food when their fillings came out. Like bread, or cupcakes...or noodles or something.
And I had to go O.o?!! How and Why?!! Why would it do that? How would soft things tear out fillings?

I don't know...

But I also think....that the year of 2009....was a rather bad year to get fillings.
It seems like the fillings that I have problems with...are the ones from 2009.
*shakes head*
Hopefully this batch lasts longer. :D lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

>.< Again...I remembered it upon waking...but then the shy little dream slipped out of my mind in a moment of distraction...and I can't remember it. >.< I just remember the peaceful happy feeling I had when I awoke...but not the dream itself. >.< (though...i do picture two leg bones that are crossed....hmmm perhaps it has nothing to do with the dream...perhaps....most likely)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment