Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unfinished

Today I got a priesthood blessing.
It was to help with my nerves.
I'm getting an MRI tomorrow..my first...its not the MRI that got me nervous..not the procedure itself, but the possible results that have me nervous....at least when I dwell on it too much.
Anyway...
in the blessing the speaker mentioned that Heavenly Father was proud of me in my doings towards others, and that after my MRI tomorrow...I should still keep doing good works to others, and focusing on others, helping others....basically...continue what I'm doing because he likes what I'm doing. 

It cheered me up to know that I have somehow been doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do....I'm not sure if I do it perfectly...I've been suffering this past few days with that itch...but I'm glad that I was able to still help out others....in some way. 
I know its been bugging me slightly this past week that people have been asking for help...and I've ignored them. There was a publicity meeting earlier in the week that I skipped in favor of sleep because of not feeling well. As well as helping to put up posters...well I told myself I didn't have time today...and the fact that I didn't help out when I usually volunteer...has been bugging me somewhat. Probably because I feel unreliable when I've helped so many times before...and now suddenly I can't....but then again....sometime its just impossible for me to help. But then there are my responses...
Usually I send a text saying "I can't help now, but i can help at this point." and if they still need me then I come help. Not this week though....my thoughts were "hopefully this isn't the week where nobody shows up...because I'm not showing up." or "Can't this wait until tomorrow?!? I will be doing basically the same thing then as well!!"

So...it does give me comfort to know that He understands and appreciates the help that I have been able to give. And that he wants me to continue to do what I've been doing after my MRI tomorrow. Help others. It doesn't really matter what the results of the MRI will be...just help and support others and not just focus on myself. Make sure to look out from my own bubble to the bubble next to me and make sure that it is inflated to a nice roundness as well.

Because by helping others, I can help myself in a nice roundabout fashion. :) So that we all end up feeling better about ourselves by the end of the day. :)

But for now...the work is not finished, others will need me somehow tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and the day after the day after tomorrow. I can't just leave the job undone. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I came unexpectedly upon an ostrich in a fenced area...it surprised me...and then it tried to eat me.
With its gaping mouth ready to bite down hard on me it struck. And I turn and ran as fast as I could. but the ostrich had a super long neck because I would turn around and there it would be! Right there, still coming at me. It was terrifying. :S

I don't remember much more of my dream. :( It involved alot of running and chases and..ostriches as well as other animals. :) lol. I only remembered that part of the dream because I was reading my anatomy book and it randomly mentioned the word :ostrich" and I was like *lightbulb!* I dreamt about an ostrich!! :D

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment