Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Semester of Thank-Yous

Do you remember those credit card commercials....
I think its the one with the Chase card....
Which ever credit card that's blue....
But in that commercial the dude would buy something using that card...
and not 2 seconds later someone would tap him on the shoulder
And hand him a bill saying "This is for you."


Well.....lately it seems like I've been having that experience.


...Not with creditcards and getting money lol. No not that...though getting money would always be nice. :)


But this past semester....I'll run into people (that I know) and they'll be like "Sarnic!" or "Is your last name Dirchi?" And I'll answer in an affirmative note.
And then they'll be like
"I have something for you!"
And then they will hand me.....an envelope.
And when I ask them who they are from >.> <.<
They won't tell me....or they'll answer with 'I have no idea.'


What do those envelopes contain?
Just simple Thank-Yous for services rendered and such.


But when I'm told that the person has something for me from someone else I get this kind of O.o expression going of slightly wariness. There is something for me? Why? What is it?


Its not like I don't like receiving Thank yous......its just that most of the time....well 99.98% of the time...the Thank yous are spoken to me in person....
not written down.


But it does make me stop and think for a moment...and I do have to wonder sometimes....
Why?
Why did they feel the need to write it down? The need to personally thank me for whatever service i rendered?
I look back on the experiences and I....can't really see what made them stand out in peoples minds...I can for some of them....but others I just have to tilt my head at the letter and wonder why.


I do enjoy getting the butterflyey happy feeling that I get when receiving a thank you.
And I want to return the favor...or I guess pass it forward. Write a thank you note to someone for something they did.


Maybe I'll end up surprising a person by doing so....like I've been surprised many times before....lol :)
I mean....I remember what I did....but the event wasn't one of those "BANG!!! I DID THIS FOR YOU!!" type of thing. It was just a "Oh sure, I can come help. *helping* okay I helped now lets go home."
lol...its rather...interesting that the services that get more recognition from people for what you do...are the services that you don't really brag about.
Its the small and simple things that people notice and remember.
They will probably notice the big and complex things as well....but....its not as meaningful to them.


Its not just written thank yous or compliments either. This semester...I seem to be receiving more compliments from different sources on different things...spiritual and physical.


and I do have to wonder...
Why.
Why am I getting all these compliments and acknowledgements?

And I think its just a small and simple way....that gives me encouragement to keep going with what I'm doing now. :) I know my semester this year is rather crazy...but it doesn't seem that hectic to me (yet). I end up getting what I need done, done by the time its needed to be turned in. But I just think that the simple thank yous I get. Or compliments I receive from different places....are...I guess you could say "mile marker posts'
"Great job! You've passed mile marker 2145. Now your goal is 2448. But Congratulations on passing 2299 as well!!"
I feel that I am receiving encouragement which translates into strength. That helps me get through the day...even if the day isn't crazy.
And I feel alot of gratitude because of that, for the people who might just be following the promptings of the spirit to give me that needed boost when I need it (whether or not I'm aware that I need it or not.)

So I just want to say.

Thank you.
For those kind words, quiet deeds, and smiles/laughs given.
They are really helping me out
And I appreciate it.
:)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I watched her walk through those double doors.
Petite and black haired and pale, I watched her walk through.
But when she came back...
At first glance I thought she was the same person.
But she wasn't.
How could I tell? Well...her facial features were slightly off (meaning that like the face was more round then oval...or the eyes were bigger not as narrow.)
But the giveaway was her lips.
They were smooth.
Not chapped. They didn't have those lines in them that people get when their lips dry out.

And I wanted to know why they cloned her.

And...I was....disappointed/angry/annoyed to discover that they had cloned the girl without hers or her tribes permission. They were doing it as an experiment in case the real girl ever disappeared they could put this clone in and nobody would see the difference at first glance.
and my job was....to teach the clone how to act like the girl.
and I didn't like it.
But I did my best....we were driving around town..a parking lot...just around.

Then there were these other two people...who discovered that the clone was a clone. (One was somewhat hefty, the other skinny, and they were dressed differently.) and they wanted to set out and destroy her and find the real girl.

So I had to protect the clone that I didn't want to protect...but we had become somewhat friends.
Sooo I actually was willing to protect her.

Then...we skip to the girl...who was captured, but escaped. She was in a foresty valley notch area.
And she'd just smashed a device...
And she laid on the ground and looked through the device. (it was the eye of whatever robot thing it was)
And she saw me and the clone together having fun and laughing.
And that...made her hurt/furious.
Why? Well....she and i were in love...so she thought that I was betraying her because she thought I'd realize that the clone was a clone.
She doesn't know that I was forced to make the clone...viable...able to live by herself. And yes I had become friends with the clone and liked her...but I didn't like her the same way I liked the actual girl.

Sooo the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away as the girl was furiously looking through that eyeglass
And I became myself again.

Outside Info and Need to Know
1. This dream may have been Avatar the Last Airbender influenced.

And that
Is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment