Friday, February 4, 2011

Treading Water

Its an interesting experience to be treading water.
For so long I've swum in the shallow end...
Occasionally drifting out to where I can barely touch bottom,
but not for long..I usually end up drifting back to the shallows
where I can keep my head comfortably above the water
Without having to worry consciously about keep it above water
Because it wasn't that deep.
But slowly I've been drifting.
Deeper and deeper
Without totally realizing how far I've moved from shore...
Until I suddenly realize...I'm barely touching the bottom.
And then I'm treading water.
Going into unknown territory.
Unsure of how deep the water gets, or how far away the other shore is....
Its exciting to move into the unknown territory.
But also very nerve wrackingly scary as well.


The question is....
Will I let my fears overcome me.
And I'll swim as hard as I can to get back to the known and comfortable.
Or will I brave it out.
And see where the current carries me, to which distant shore I will finally step foot upon.


It is a good question...but with my head barely above the waves...
Its hard to see what path is the right path.
So I will rely on what is tangible...
And hope that things turn out well. :)


Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves!
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


.......They want it. I have it.
I don't want to give it to them.
But they still want it.
They have my cornered in a small room.
A gun pointed at me.
And they yell at me "Where is it?!"
 And I decide to tell them 'where' it is.
So I say a room number....I think it was 313...311??
With the intention of getting them to go to the wrong room....so I could escape.
(I don't think I was actually planning on giving it to them)
But they do the unexpected.
They turn around and shoot at a random doorway leading from this main room.
....Apt 313 killing everyone in it.
Which devastates me.
And this random guy yells at me. "Idiot! There are two 313s!!"
How was I supposed to know that the small room had the same numbering system as my apartment? It made no sense!


But I did get the distraction I needed and I raced away.
Hopped into an elevator and pressed the down button.
It was like a....shuttle tube...rounded small enough that I could place my feet on the walls....
Which I ended up doing...because the elevator was descending too fast. :S
It seemed like I was free falling...but not quite. There was still some control...just not as much as I would have liked to make the elevator go down as slowly as I wanted it to.
But still I got to the bottom safely without killing myself or breaking anything.
And I dashed off.
And tried to hide in a room....where I was totally standing out as an outsider...
I found out that the elevator was actually broken.
But that through the bad guys off my trail. :)
They didn't think I had taken the broken elevator...
So they were trying to find me.


And that is when the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.


Outside Info and Need to Know.
1. There was more to this dream before and after the segment that I wrote above...I just can't really remember it. :(
2. 313 and 311 are apartment numbers of significance in my ward. :)
3....I seem to be dreaming about elevators alot...which is strange since I don't really use them.


And that
Is why the fox never came home :)


-S.N.D.


**Note this blog was finished at 2:09am of February 5th due to a huge distraction that prevented me from posting further. :) So it is posted as being finished at 11:59pm on February 4th to keep the 'blog a day" thing going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment