Thursday, August 11, 2011

Captian America

Hey Guys;
Sorry about not posting this post on the day it was supposed to be posted on.
(Written on August 12th for August 11th)
Yesterday....was a bit crazy :S

Captain America.
I admit, I knew basically nothing about this superhero.
I'd heard the name before, but that was it.
But then I saw the trailer.
I had to admit. I wanted to go see it.
It was like Green Lantern. It just looked cool.
Though the movies are pretty different.
Both Trailers had the 'I want to go see this when it comes out" thrill to it.

Okay...I admit it. I"m a sucker for those "under dogs become the hero" sort of movies.
But the Captain America trailer caught my interest.
With the fact that a small puny guy, goes into a machine, and comes out looking...well Awesome.
I had to find out what happened in this movie!
So I wikipediaed Captain America to get back ground information on this superhero.
And then waited.
and waited.
and waited.
for the right people to come along, and go see this movie :)
And it finally all fell together.
So that me, Kikay, and a friend who wanted to see Captain America as much as I did.
Went and saw it.
and I was blown away. :)
I enjoyed every single moment of the movie.
It had action, it had drama, it had snappy lines, as well as awesome actor/ess's.
The movie just felt real to me.
And I admit it, I wasn't really excited for the "Avengers" movie that will come out next year.
But Captain America. Set me over the edge.
The only other Marvel movie I had seen, was Thor...which was alright, but not cool in a way I wanted it to be cool.
Perhaps that is why I found Captain America to be a great movie :)
It basically surpassed Harry Potter 7.2 for me because in Harry...i had HIGH expectations...and well...the movie was really good. But it took me two viewings of it to really like it. The first time i couldn't stop comparing it to the book. The second time, I was able to relax and enjoy the final instalment.

Captain America. I had very little to go off of.
Which is probably why I was amazed at it.
When I left the theatre I was tempted to turn around and go see the next showing of it.
Just so I could see the whole story unfold again.
Laugh again at the witty lines.
Cry at the sad scenes.
and just overall enjoy the different aspects of the movie.
I won't go into much detail.
(Though most of you might be thinking "I already saw this movie ages ago')
But I have to admit, I was won over by Steve Rogers,
way before he makes his transformation into Captain America.
Its not often you see the 'hero' being one 'willing to take the risks'
Often the others have their moments of self doubts.
But no, He wants to fight to defeat the bullies. To keep the weaker guy safe.
And I can't articulate how cool that movie was to me. :)
Its definitely a "go buy it as soon as it comes out on dvd" movie :) lol

Unfortunately. Seeing such an awesome movie...before lunch time.
(I had to get up with the alarm)
messed with my system, so much action in the morning.
I don't think is that good for me lol.
Though I loved it!
I ended up with a headache :(
A bad one, probably made worse because I wanted to finish City of Ships
(the last book out for the moment in the Stravaganza series)
I finished the book.
And had a killer headache as a reward.
So bad that I didn't think I could get online.
I felt bad enough that I wasn't willing to torture myself and
watch the next episode of Project Runway...which I'd been dying to see all week.
(okay not dying, I was waaaaay  more excited to see captain America. plus I can watch the missed episode online.)
So yah.
Early action movie, plus too much reading, plus a bit of snappiness between Kikay and I = Headache of torturous proportions to the point where I felt weak and chilled and very nauseous.
*shudders*
I hate nights like those.

But yah. Go see Captain America if you haven't yet! Its cool!!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at my grandma's house. and the whole scene seemed to be about me. -As Harry Potter- and the goal was to make it so that I couldn't remember that I was harry potter. Which i ended up not knowing, but I finally remembered when a baby owl, red and white fell from a tree and I caught it. Then I remembered. I'm supposed to be Harry Potter!

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment