Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Corn Property

I mentioned a couple of blogs ago,
That our freezer broke.
And that we had to get rid of alot of the food in there.
Well....
One of those things....
was a half bag of corn.
I tossed it out thinking that it would be no good now that it had thawed.


But later, Kikay and I were talking.
And we started our heads spinning.


Does Corn go bad?
Can it rot?
What are the properties of corn?!?


I frankly...dunno.
I know that I often think of it as a veggie first and a grain later.
But since its a grain.
It shouldn't be compared to veggies which do go bad.
But I can't think of wheat, oats, or other grains going bad. Those things seem to last forever.
But they've been dried.
Corn...dried, lasts forever, and makes great popcorn.
But what about frozen corn?
That is thawed.
Can it be rethawed?
Can it be stored thawed in the fridge? For how long?


My head has started spinning again, trying to figure out the whole concept of corn.
So weird.
Does corn go bad?!
I have no idea.

(by the way -Thawed means not frozen so unthawed...which is common usage...means to freeze...)


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


I was at my AT/UB's home and there had been a party or something.
I was getting into Ub's truck.
Getting ready to drive away.
Down the dirt road towards the post office.
And as I drove..somebody was running after me.....


And then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment