Friday, August 19, 2011

The Tooth Fairy

I've been pondering this for the past several days.
Did I make the wrong decision.
In deciding to keep my wisdom teeth. And not let the tooth fairy have them?
I mean...the tooth fairy does exchange teeth for money right.
And money can be really handy.
But no...I decided to keep my wisdom teeth.
After all, the tooth fairy took all my others.

But still I would have made a chunk of change.
I know the tooth fairy gives different amounts of money depending on the kid the tooth is received from.
Which is an interesting concept. What requirements do you need to fulfil in order to get the money you do for your teeth?
For me. It was pretty simple. For each tooth. I would receive quarters. Totaling up to my age at that time.
So if I was eight. I would get eight quarters. Or...two dollars. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.
And I've been calculating in my head...how much I would get if I actually put my four wisdom teeth under my pillow for the tooth fairy to take.
I even wondered if i would get a bonus quarter or two. After all. The tooth fairy can't get that many wisdom teeth. Since dentists all over the country seem to have a goal to keep the wisdom teeth for their own secretive purposes. (My dentist was out of the loop. or so shocked that someone would ask for them, that he gave them back before his mind cleared and it was too late to get them back.)
I decided that since my wisdom teeth....well they had a couple of cavities...I know one for sure did. and the others don't look much better....
I wouldn't get a bonus.
Still. I calculated. I would get $5.25 per tooth. times that by four. and the total is...
$21 dollars!
Woot! I would so totally be rich!! ;) haha.

But...I decided against it. :) I like my wisdom teeth. They shall stay with me.....for now.
...I wonder if theres a time limit on exchanging your teeth for money....
hmmmmm

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was once again a contestant in Project Runway.
Having to design a dress.
I had a cool idea for my dress.
But the fabrics I had 'chosen' weren't working the way I wanted them to.
-We were in this big store filled with....crafty gardeny things.
However, we could use left over items from previous challenges.
And I still had a...purple pillow in the shape of a couch...and a red pillow pet dog. from a previous challenge.
I had wanted to use the purple pillow...but instead I ended up with the red pillow pet dog.
I cut along the seems and started peeling away the fabric from the form underneath.
-I actually felt bad for the poor stuffed animal.
My favorite stuffed animal Jasper, showed up stuck to the red material. but I didn't want to use him.
So I moved him out of the way.
I placed a couple of red bands of fabric from the pillow pet (in all its soft fluffyness) onto the dress form.
But a couple of girls also competing said that it didn't look good.
Personally i didn't think it looked good either. Who would want to wear a fluffy dress.
And I didn't know how much time I had left in the challenge. I couldn't remember what Tim Gunn had said.
Then...
a commotion.
Some guy was taking a shopping cart full of goods. and leaving the store.
Well I couldn't let that happen!
So I ran outside after him.
We were on top of a yellowing rocky hill.
And he was rushing down to the city below.
However from my vantage point. I could see two brown dust tornadoes -but actually real tornadoes just brown like a dirt tornado. were in the valley below and coming our way.
-The sky was pretty clear. It was blue. with clouds. but there were circular clouds all by themselves that were connected to the tornado.
Still the boy. Which I recognized as Jesse Clayton was running.
And I ran after him.
I caught up to him, saying we had to get away from the tornado.
But the tornado seemed to read our minds.
He ran and I ran, headed back up to the store.
But the tornado...caught me in its grip.
I couldn't see it. It had gone all clear on me.
But I could feel it.
And it was forcing me to run away from the store. In a circular pattern.
Following its twisting winds.
I couldn't get out of it.
Couldn't see it.
And at any moment it was going to pull me from my run up into the air with its winds.

Then, the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment