Monday, August 22, 2011

The Flash

Okay.
I've been obsessed.
I can tell I'm really obsessed when I continually dream about the same type of thing.
And spend my days thinking about it.
(Yah if that wasn't a clue to being obsessed...I don't know what is.)
I ran into the superhero bug again.
Last time I really got it was when Megamind came out in theatres.
(Awesome show. My favorite :) )
More recent was from Captain America (also awesome)
-That set me on a super hero kick...that and other....things. :)
>.>
 <.<
Anyway.
I never really got into superheroes when I was younger.
Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-men...etc etc.
They were shows my parents liked. That I would watch because they watched them.
But I never was 'obsessive' over them. I liked them...I would watch shows relating to super heroes when I got bored....
But then...I found Flash.
more specifically Kid Flash.

There were a couple of superhero shows I would watch because my friends really liked watching them.
Shows like Teen Titans and Static Shock.

Well there was one episode of Teen Titans, that surprisingly didn't have the main teen titans involved.
And that was when...
I met Kid Flash.
And he was soo different from the other superheroes I had previously met.
For he just seemed to have super speed.
And at first...it didn't seem like a great power. I mean it sure looked cool on screen with all the blurred colors and such. how could you fight a super hero by being able to run to Paris and back in three seconds?
But I liked the character. How Kid Flash was friendly. Unassuming. Willing to talk to the bad guys. And not just say "Hey you're the bad guy I'm going to fight you and send you to jail"
I thought it was really sweet of him. To try and understand Jinx.

Kid Flash became my favorite superhero that day. Because of his compassion.
And I was really disappointed that he only showed up like twice in the entire teen titan series.
The second time...was basically when all the 'teen heroes' showed up to defend the world. So Kid Flash didn't really have a roll.
So he was only in one episode. :( That was sad. :( I liked him.
I went searching. For other shows having Flash....

but I just found a grown up flash...no kid flash anywhere.
Not the young compassionate super hero I liked.
It seemed like Flash had just become the comic relief.
And I didn't like that.
So I resigned myself to just liking the one episode of Kid Flash.

But he still remained my favorite superhero if anyone would ask.
-Though they would think I was talking about the grown up Flash and not the Kid Flash.

Well...this past year. They came out with another "Teen Titan's type of series"
Called Young Justice.
And they had a teenage Flash!!
Unfortunately I was only able to see a couple of episodes. -Basically the season opener.
Before school got into the way.
But this past week. I decided to randomly check it out again, and watch the 10 episodes that were shown.
And while Kid Flash wasn't the same as the Teen Titans' Kid Flash.
I found that here...was a kind of go between.
A Kid Flash that could show me the change between the Teen Titan's kid flash, and the grown up flash.

And I like the progression I see.

Plus. Super speed. Is actually turning out to be a cool ability.
All the things that Flash can do. The different ways he can use his speed.
He can defeat the bad guys pretty easily most of the time. :)
Its impressive.
Though I still like the complexity of Flash the best. :)
Smart, A goofball, compassionate.
He's an awesome superhero.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream
Was once again about superheroes. Though I don't really remember it. :(

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment