Saturday, August 6, 2011

Three Chances to Help = a Fourth

Even though yesterdays' blog involved a Rant.
Yesterday was actually a really good day.
For the rant involved events from the past week, and not yesterday.
That said.
Yesterday was a good day.
Because I was able to help out three different people yesterday.
And it gave me an emotional high each time.
The first was early in the morning...which required me to get up...well early.
I went over to my old roommate Almar's house to help her.
We had made sugar cookies a couple of days earlier.
And cut them into the shape of leg bones.
We had three huge cookies one of the femur bone, tibia and fibula, as well as the patella.
We also did a 'skull cookie' and a couple of band aid shaped cookies.
Our intention? To create a knee joint with the ACL
because Almar had torn her ACL...well twice now. The first time was two years ago when Almar was my roommate, the second was about 3 months ago.
Her first time through we had talked about making bone cookies to say 'Thank you" to the Physical Therapy team for helping her to get her knee working again.
Well...it never happened. But now it has. Since Almar's last day there is on Monday. We decided now was the best to make those cookies. :) It was a fun couple of hours to make the cookies and cut them into shape. -That was done manually by me since we didn't have cookie cutters, or any that big.
And decorate them. Then we covered them with tin foil to wait until yesterday.
I admit, I was worried that the cookies would harden. But luckily. It didn't. The cookies were still nice and soft and the P.T. team loved them. :)
But I helped out yesterday, early in the morning because Almar was watching her neighbor kid. And he has to sit in the back seat. Unfortunately, the cookies need to take up the whole back seat in order to fit. So i offered my car as a means to get the cookies to the P.T. place.
In the end it was a success! Woot!


Our Sugar Cookie Project



The Sugar Cookie Head


The Femur bone and the Kneecap

The Knee cap, tibia and fibula
The other two events of service were not as noticeable.
The second, involved a knock on the door.
And a guy standing there asking for canned food for the food bank.
I was only too happy to help him. Giving him some canned soup that Kikay and I had been given by roommates...that we weren't going to eat. Yay :) Soup gone. People helped! :D

The third. I have a friend who's gone to California for vacation.
She had wanted something, but the chance to get it was only available once a day.
And she missed the second to last day. And the last day she wouldn't be near a computer.
But I happened to be a computer when I heard that the last chance was available.
So I went ahead, and helped her meet her goal via phone, hotmail, and facebook. :)
That was the high point of my day. Because when hopes were gone.
I had come to the rescue and allowed her to receive what she wanted. :)
^^ I like it when I go through the effort to help a friend. And they really appreciate it in return ^^

It inspired me afterwards to clean up the apartment -kitchen, garbage, my room. So that my sister could come home from work...and see a clean kitchen. :)
I guess that was four acts of service yesterday ^^ Woot! :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on the second floor of a building. It kinda reminded me of the institutes's second floor, and kinda like a church building.
There were a bunch of other girls all pretty up here.
And there were a couple of girls in charge.
Who were...brainwashing the girls.
I got a 'double dose' of the brainwashing, but it didn't effect me.
The first time..it was just the general 'you will do what i say'
The second time it was "If you win you will give me everything you win." or something.
And we were lead in line down to waiting cars outside of the church.
But when I reached the cars.
I remembered that I needed to grab something back upstairs so I left and went back upstairs.
I ended up in a balcony type room...or it was a balcony hallway. 
With a view overlooking the ocean and a beach off to my right.
I turned around and there was the girl who tried to brainwash me was right there.
She asked me "Why did the brainwashing not effect you?!" Or something along those lines. 'Why are you better then me' 'why are you so positive' 'why do you still have your agency' I don't remember the exact question asked but it involved all of those concepts.
I answered by telling her about a past event in my life.
That could have turned me bitter, but I chose not to let it effect me and love instead of hate.
Another thing I told her...or I thought it. Was that I look at the glass as 'half full' instead of 'half empty.'
It was one of those things where i explained myself to help another person see the 'brighter side of life'
Then something happened, where the girl...jumped off the balcony into the water below.
She was fine, I saw her swim to shore and get out on the sandy beach.
Then I was in my room getting ready for church. Putting on a skirt, shirt, and slinging my purse over my shoulder.
My mom came in at one point wondering why I was taking so long.
The meeting was about to begin.
I glanced out our front room window and saw all the young men and priesthood leaders gathering together.
I finished getting ready.
-At one point Tim Gunn came in and told me that -I would win the beauty pageant.
-The brainwashing and all the girls were because we were competing in a "Miss America pageant."
I told him that I would be late for the Miss America thing because I had a meeting at the institute I needed to go to first. Because I placed Institute as a higher priority then some Miss American Pageant I may or may not win.
So I went to the institute meeting first.
Then conscious of my purse over my shoulder.
I went to the pageant.
It was in the courtyard of my college.
I was looking for a place to sit and I ran into Kikay's friend Maribah.
She had a seat for me, but she had been looking for Kikay.
I had seen Kikay right before I saw Maribah, sitting elsewhere.
I told Maribah that I would go get her.
But as I was walking over to Kikay.
They announced the final three for the Miss America Pageant.
Kikay's name was called. Then my name, and then another girl with my name.
Though they said it the same, the announcer spelling it out said that her name began with a T and had three As. While my name had three Rs in it. (which it doesn't. I thought the announcer was weird, my name and the girl with my name weren't spelt that way.)  As I walked up to the stage 'on the pond in the middle of the courtyard' to what looked to be a rectangular card table with three metal folding chairs.
Two of the chairs were placed underneath the table so they needed to be pulled out to be sat on.
Girl with my name, and Kikay chose those chairs. -Kikay was dressed in a lavender colored dress and she looked really pretty for the fashion show.
It looked to be a timed event, but my chair had been placed off the side so I had to move it while the announcer rattled off a bunch of numbers that we had to solve.
I remember a 43 and a 7. perhaps multiplying -It had a concept similar to the Pottermore early access clues.
So I was trying to solve that...

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and then I became myself again.  (I think I was going to win by the way. Tim Gunn said so ;) lol)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment