Sunday, August 28, 2011

The DayDawn is Breaking

I felt like I was back in Girls camp again. Or even Youth Conference.
Because the LDSSA Retreat did "Solo Time"
I haven't had a Solo time since Girls Camp.
It was rather odd to experience it again.
Because Solo time was where I decided that I would continue to write in my journal.
Even after my last year of girls camp finished.
-Before my last year, I would write for that week, then drop it until the next girls camp.

Well. I got a chance at solo time once more :)
Though I didn't write in my journal for it this time -I only had two pages left in it :S I needed to save those pages until I could buy another journal.

Though we did solo time rather earlier at this Retreat. Usually it was around lunch time we would do it.
Ours was....at 6:30 am. Until 8:00 am.
Basically we got up before the sun.
And since we were in the mountains.
It was a rather cold morning. -I didn't mind. I love the cold!
But we had to go outside...until 8.
And the ground...was still damp.
I used a binder as protection between me and the grass.

Anyway. While all the girls were dashing upstairs to get blankets and jackets to get warm. I headed outside to find a good spot by myself.
I went behind the cabin and came up to a natural 'amphitheatre' -a hill with layered benches. (no picture of the hill, I'm sorry)
I sat at the top in the cool predawn light, at the edge of the forest line -where the nice green grass ended and the trees were thick. 
And started reading my scriptures. -I would read a chapter from the book of Mormon, then go to the D&C, then to the Old Testament, and then read a chapter from the New Testament. -This has been my system for a year or so now. :)
Anyway as I was reading, I glanced up at some point. And noticed that the sun was coming up. I could see the yellow from the trees. But I was still in shadow. And I thought to myself "The sun is coming up, but I don't think I will feel the warmth of the rays until after solo time is over." and I went back to reading.

Then a couple of chapters later. I felt warmth on my face. It was shining on my left eye. (the one that wasn't bruised) I looked up in surprise. And there was the sun. Shining behind two trees.
And I felt a wave of warmth rush through me.
I opened up a 'journal' from my scripture bag that I got back in Institute and wrote these words:

Bednar's talk was right. The dawn comes almost imprecepetly until one realizes it is day.
-I was sitting on a hill in darkness, reading my scriptures, I knew the sun was rising, but I didn't think it would come to me before our solo time was done. But as I sat reading I felt the light touch my face, and the warmth that was received from it. It brought such a feeling of comfort to know that the light/lord can touch me when I'm willing to let it/him touch me. Not physically willing, but spiritually willing. Even when I thought I would remain in darkness, he came. The light came and took a moment to shine between two trees and cast its rays upon my face. It may have taken time and patience but the light came. The light will always come.

I was thinking about how alot of people I know seem to be walking in darkness.
They don't think that the sun will ever rise and cast them into the light.
I even thought it myself that morning as I was sitting reading the scriptures.
The light won't come. (until after I left)
Yet I felt so much...peace. Happiness when that single ray shone directly on my face.
A gentle touch to remind me. That I can be in the light. Receive the warmth. Get comfort.
That I don't have to sit shivering in the darkness.

Another girl commented on this when I mentioned that the sun had reached me during our solo time.
She said "Yah the sun was right there in front of me. I could see it, but I was leaning against something and I didn't want to move into the light and loose that support. So I just stayed in my blanket." -in the darkness.

And I thought.
We need to make an effort as well. Christ could be reaching out to us. But if we don't make an effort to move towards him, he can't help us. We need to move towards him. Or make an effort to be where he can help us out. Otherwise...we only get so far.
She was leaning against something. I was sitting on a hill. I saw another person sitting on some benches under the trees. Still in darkness even when the sun was shining everywhere else.
but because I had made an effort to sit a bit higher...'sit on a mountain' as it were. I received the sun's rays. Even if it did take a bit of time. I might not have been the first to feel the warmth. But it did happen.

The sun will always come up. Christ will always be there. Willing to be a comfort for those who seek comfort. A guide for those who seek guidance. A listening ear for those who need to vent. He is there.























Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

We were heading off to church.
It was my dad, me and my siblings. My mom had gone ahead already.
-I'm not sure if my siblings were there...I do remember my dad though.

Except. It seemed like Dad and I couldn't get to church. We would set off walking. and all of a sudden we would be back at our house. It was like we had a block of some sort. Where something was preventing us from going to church. We kept going back home. I had my dog in my arms and there was a time when we took the truck..but I think it broke down, and we were back at our house. I finally decided that we must have forgotten something. So we parked the van and I opened up the door to let our three dogs Sadie, Pepper, and another dog..I think it was a beagle of some sorts...or a white dog..idk. in or out of the car.
There was alot of emphasis on the animals.
We never did get to church. Other things came up.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
And I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment