Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Grip of Salsa

Last night, I decided to have Nachos.
Having bought the ingredients to have Nachos. :) I was all excited to have Nachos.

Quick how to make:
Ingredients.
1. Bag of Salsa Chips
2. Cheese
3. Your favorite salsa
4. A grater if your cheese isn't already shredded.

What to do:
Get a plate that is microwave friendly. (probably should be in ingredients...hmmm)
Spread a nice layer of Salsa Chips on the plate.
Then cover those chips with a nice layer of shredded cheese.
Place in the microwave until the cheese is melted 10-40 seconds depending on how much cheese you put on there.
Take out of microwave.
Pour salsa into a bowl.
Sit down and Eat!
Its delicious!
and maybe somewhat healthy...
Okay, I have no idea how healthy cheese, salsa chips and salsa are...but it must count for something. :)

Anyway, back on topic.
Last night I was making Nachos.
And I had the thought while I was spreading the chips onto the plate.
"Perhaps I should open the salsa first." -It was a new bottle.
I ignored this thought. "I'm sure I can open it later."
Then as I was spreading the cheese on top.
"Perhaps I should check to see if I can open the salsa first."
Again I thought to myself "Nah, I got this."
So I stuck the chips in the microwave to melt the cheese.
Pulled out the salsa and.....
Couldn't open it. 
So...I tried again.
Couldn't open it.
The microwave had beeped by this point.
And I was starting to panic and kick myself mentally.
I should have opened the salsa first! I should have opened the salsa first!
Now I'm going to have to eat just nachos, and I want the salsa!
So I tried placing the lid under hot water and opening it.
It didn't work.
And there was nobody else home to ask for help.
So fully depressed....
I put the salsa back.
And went to the microwave. The cheese hadn't fully melted so i put in for a bit longer.
And decided...
I'll try one more time.
So i pulled the salsa out.
And walla!
It Opened!
My Nachos were saved!
Woot! :)

So moral of the story....
If something needs to be opened via lid.
Open that first!
Or risk ruining a perfectly good meal. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


I had been picked to be on this season's project runway.
There were a bunch of other people there.
Like Gretchen, the girl who one last season's project runway.
And Charlene Gibbs - a neighbor woman.
Among others.
We were in somebody's huge living room.
And our job was to basically take our clothes,
and turn them into fashion in two days.
Personally I was willing to take the challenge, but I was a little freaked out.
Since I've never designed anything before.
But I set to work anyway.
And I had apparently been wearing one of those 'wraps' that you use to for strained leg purposes.
I liked the texture of them, so i started cutting them out into sock shapes, along with other socks i had.
and piecing them together,
until somebody commented that it didn't look that good.
and that it probably wouldn't work for the shirt i had in mind.
maybe it was a skirt, anyways, whatever object of clothing...it didn't work with.
So I went back through going through my clothes.
and I came across these really long socks...they were like tights except they socks didn't connect together.
They were stripped, black and purple.
So I cut through one of the socks to lie it flat.
And Gretchen was kind enough to show me a technique to help make it into a shirt.
She liked my idea.
So I worked on different projects working with stripes, and bright colors as well a material that was bright, but had a sheer black lining over it.
Until Tim Gunn came in to tell us we were done for the night.
Everybody else packed up their stuff.
But I had trouble, because I'd somehow acquired ALOT of scrapes in my workings.
Enough to fill two laundry baskets.
So by the time I got outside...of my house.
everyone else had left.
But lucky me I had the keys to my car. -Green Tracker.
So I put my stuff into the car, but I couldn't back up because
the owner's yellow bug was blocking my exit.
But just then the husband of the house pulled up in his Red Camero...corvette? some fancy C car.
He was tall, had black hair, and was handsome ^^;;;
And I kindly asked him if he could move his yellow bug so that I could leave.
He did so,
But before I could back up...
he pulled in the red sports car.
And basically got out and said. "Are you crazy! That's my car! I'm not going to let you take it!"
I was like "No, no, I can drive this car, I have a license, please I need to get back to the other designers."
He basically didn't believe I was who I said I was.
 And somewhere in there Tim Gunn showed up wondering why I hadn't left yet.
and the discussion turned more to me being the Tall Dark and Handsome's daughter.
And we had to tell his blonde and fancy prissy wife the news.
Eventually I got home....
But by that time I would have had to wake up in like an hour.
So I just decided to stay up, because it was pointless to go to sleep.
Besides, I had all day tomorrow to work on my disguise.
Tim Gunn came in again....he looked as tired as I was...I think he had to walk there.

I think Day 2 I spent working more with the clothes. I had found two hollow wrist things, one purple/black the other green black, that I thought might make cool shirtless sleeves.
That day went by, but we didn't have a fashion show the next morning.
Instead we were going to do some...event...maybe a marathon? it involved exercise...
So we were allowed to go to the hotel's cafe. And grab breakfast.
I ended up getting a bagel and some packages of butter and jam to put on the bagel.
I sat down, and next to me sat J.K. Rowling.
She asked if we could share the butter, and I said sure!
but..there wasn't enough, but i was helpful and grabbed her some more.
I ended up by myself however eating my bagel. -I only had taken one bite, but it was sweet.
Listening to J.K. Rowling saying she had just finished getting presents for her 13 kids (idk if it were kids or grand kids...some were adopted) and that she'd got stuffed cars (like Cars Characters) basically all of Lightning McQueen but with different numbers on them. She got two of each.
and somebody commented why not get a car with 13 on it?
She was like "I wish they made that number" -its unlucky.


Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment