Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Lottery

I was sitting in church today, waiting for the list of speakers to be announced.
I had noticed that there weren't really any speakers sitting on the stand.
It was just the Bishopric and stake people.
Well...the 1st counselor got up to talk.
And he mentioned that we may have noticed that people weren't really on the stand....
Instead they might pick some people out of the congregation to come up and talk.

He was only kidding. it was a stake day where the president, bishop, and high priest dude talked.
But it got my mind on a roll.

If I was called up to the stand...what would I say?

I have a theory.
That if one prepares, and is willing to go up and talk about whatever topic is going through one head.....
That one won't be called.
:) If your unwilling. Hoping that you won't get called up....you will.

Since I have often been willing....and never been called.

But today.
I felt like it was a lottery. And I really really really wanted to win.
I'm not sure why today more then other Sunday where the possibility of speakers being called from the audience came up...
That I really wanted to go up and talk.

I didn't win the lottery to go up. Nobody did :)
Still it was intriguing.
Because it will be like a lottery.
When/if I'm called up at some point in the future.
What topic will be going through my mind then, that actually will need to be heard by someone in the audience....
*shrugs*
Tis just a thought.
But it is a lottery to be called to speak out of a group.....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved more of Flash and the justice league...but the unholy tones pulled me out of the dream rather quickly. :( :( It flashed away out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment