Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dot Space Dot

Today I got a lesson in "Ellipses"
-I'm not even sure how to spell it.
But its the "..." concept.
I use this alot in writing (if you hadn't noticed read my "The Dream" below this. I usually write my dream down first in my blog then figure out what to say for the main part.)
I thought all you had to do was...put three dots...in between the two words you want to separate.
Well apparently the 'proper' way to use this "Ellipse" or the dot dot dot
is to do Dot Space Dot Space Dot Space....maybe there's a space before the first dot? yah I think there is.
But it would look like . . . this.
I don't think I like it.
It makes . . . my thinking . . . seem much slower . . . this way.
Instead...if I do this...I think it shows the 'quickness' of my thoughts...instead of it being . . . slower . . . er

Yah. So that apparently is an Ellipse.
Now that I know what it is.
I think I will continue to ignore it.
Maybe.
but now the three dots...look slothful.
dum space dot space dot space dot space. It feels so much more formal . . . grrrr

Hmm I guess I have something to play with for the next couple of days :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream


I was a mouse. -Though I looked human and did things humanly. I was tiny like a mouse.
I was on a mission, trying to get away...find something...escape...not get caught. Its unclear now.
But I climbed into an air vent to get away. AS a larger figure appeared in the doorway.


I got outside. And I felt more like a...basset hound...a dog w/ long ears good for tracking...as I continued to run. I dashed to my neighbor's walnut tree and swung myself up, climbing in the branches and using the darkness/shadows to hide myself as a group of people came out looking for me underneath the tree. I kept really still. It was still light out. Like a spotlight was shining in the yard. So if i moved..I would be seen...if people looked up.
But eventually the cost was clear and I climbed down.


We were in a parade. Making its way up the hill towards the church way up on the mountain for the fireworks. We were carrying banners. I was trying to get the bedraggled group of young people from my home ward to move faster, and work together. I told them that they might be having fun now, but the parade was over a mile long. -I was remembering my own first parade experience.
We made our way up the street above my home street and continued into the mountains.
We finally arrived at the church next to a huge quarry.
The fireworks were just starting shooting up into the sky in a variety of colors, but I was distracted.
I had to find someone or something came up.
I was sad that we were slightly late at getting to the church. I wanted to see all the fireworks.
but I ended up not seeing them because I had other things I needed to do. people to find.
I think I was trying to find my family in the crowd of people.


Then I started hearing a strange sound. rickeshay shots and...well it sounded kind of like gunfire.
I peered through a crack between two sets of wooden blinds in my living room.
And I saw our old white haired neighbor Riva -she lives across the street from us- standing on her front porch.
With a machine gun.
She was shooting holes into the red brick of her house and the fragments of shrapnel were zinging all over the place in yellow flashes of light.
She wasn't just shooting her house. She was shooting her neighbor newby's house as well.
My family and I ducked down behind our walls hiding. Cindy and Duane were with us as well -trying to sneak to their house next to us ducking down as well as my uncle Brian.
It was rather terrifying. The debris ended up hitting our car's windows shattering the glass.
But the shots were getting wider and wider. one of the front room windows shattered.
Then there were police there yelling for Riva to put her hands up.
The place now looked like a bombed place. The houses were basically destroyed.
For some reason everyone else thought they had to stand up and put their hands up as well.
The police were like "What are you idiots doing?!"
Riva had been about to give herself up. But with the police distracted
She pulled out a pistol and started firing shots towards our house. We ducked down. the windows again in place covered in blinds as she shot holes into the glass.
I was terrified that someone I knew was going to get killed as we crouched down out of the way of fire.


We were going through the process of getting our wands.
Professor McGonagall was picking up a wand -brown or white made from corkscrew willow- and giving it to us to test out. There were four or five of us. I received the first wand...then I switched to a different view point to where I hadn't got my wand yet and i was the last to get it after my sister got hers -hers was white.


Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.


-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment