Sunday, February 17, 2013

Up For Two?

So the other day,
I was kind halfway mourning but only really making an observation about my calling.
It's the sort of calling in church where you're on a committee and you meet like once a month or something to do this that and the other.
Surprisingly this committee actually does those meetings.
A while ago, like two or three years ago I ended up with two committee callings......and never ended up doing anything.
Anywho. I was observing the fact that the past three or four meetings my current committee has had....I've been gone for.
Why? Well I just happen to go to mission farewells/homecomings that Sunday.
Seriously...since I've been called I've only made it to one meeting.
*shakes head*
Which I suppose makes me feel rather....not useless but kinda the same thing.
As I can't do my calling because I happen to not be there when I have opportunities to do that calling.
See the problem?
Yah....basically I feel like I'm falling through the cracks. Why give me this calling? No idea.
But apparently my lack in being able to do my calling has been noticed by HF.
As this morning....after I got done with my work shift.
-seriously...who wants to buy stuff on Sundays? ugh. Glad it was a short shift and a rare shift-
I saw this text where Bro G wanted to meet with me.
Which meant....I couldn't take the much desired nap I wanted to take between work and church.

Now there are three reasons why Bro G would want to meet with me.
1. He's giving me another calling.
2. Somebody was concerned about me and asked Bro G to talk to me.
3. They want me to give a talk in church.

Number two was extremely unlikely because nobody really knows me in the ward.
Number one also unlikely because I already had a calling. But I've had two callings before...
so that left Number three being the option. oh goodie.
;) I thought that my last talk in church had encouraged them to not call me again. ;) haha.
Anyway. I got to the meeting.
And what do you know?
"Sarnic...we want to call you....do you already have a calling?"
"Yes, Bro G. I'm on the so and so committee."
"Oh....well we do have alot of people in the ward without callings...."
Sooo why not call them? -My thought process is more bitter when I'm tired.
"But we as a bishopric talked it over and we want to call you to be a Ward Missionary. Would you accept this calling?"
"Sure!" I have no idea what it means to be a ward missionary. Didn't really get the chance to ask.

But yah. I'm a ward missionary now. *shakes head* Apparently they want a pair for each floor in our ward.
Good luck with that in my building.... lol living here for most of my college life I still don't know who lives in three of the five apartments surrounding me. :)
So this should be an interesting experience...when I know for sure what I have to do.

But it makes me wonder....
Why call me to another calling when there are other people i the ward without callings?
I halfway think that it might be that HF considers me unable to fulfil my 'mission' with my first calling since I end up missing 9/10 meetings. Soo he called me to another one to help with the first one....if that makes any sense. As the first calling involves talking to people and helping them....and being a ward missionary kinda involves the same principles.

Who knows. Guess we'll see.
But here comes two callings instead of one! :) lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment