Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pick More Then Four!

Reality TV Shows.
I used to watch a lot of them years ago.
Survivor and American Idol and Amazing Race.
But then.....I stopped watching them.
Perhaps they went on for too many seasons...
Or they ended up being on when I couldn't watch it....so I didn't.

But I think I became a bit disenfranchised with the whole "reality tv thing"
Idk...alot of the time....I think the shows are rigged anyway for the ratings.

I do still watch some. Project Runway for one....

But there is this new TV show on that I think has some potential.
(if it's not somehow rigged. ;) haha)

It's called "The Taste"
It's a new show, only been on a couple of weeks.
I mostly tuned in the first week just to see what actually happened.
And it might just be a show that I continue to watch.

The general premise is that four judges do a blind taste test.
Chefs prepare the food and set it on a spoon.
They step into a chute (elevator type star trek thing)
Then the judges taste the food on the spoon.

The first two weeks were the 'team gathering' where each of the four judges picks four people they want for their team.
So when they're done tasting they either press the button that says "Yes" -I want you on my team! or "No."

Only and ONLY then after they've locked in their vote does the chute open and the judges see who prepared the food.

There does seem to be a bit of a competition already of "Are you a Home Cook or a Professional Cook?" But we'll see if that becomes anything.

What I find most interesting is the fact that each week someone will be eliminated.
By a blind taste test.
So the judges, could end up eliminating someone from their own team.
Since they just finished up picking their teams,
next week starts this...cooking thing.
Where I think the judges mentor their cooks. Who then each prepare a dish based on what they learned from their mentor.
Then all four taste that dish and decide if they stay or go.
lol I'll see if I'm right when the show comes again.

Now, while I like the idea of doing blind taste tests.

I really don't like the idea of having such small teams.
Seriously, my least favorite part was seeing the back stories of many of the contestants and you're rooting for them to be good enough to get on the team!!!! and....because the judges only have four slots...they're sent home. Even if the food is great and there is serious potential....the cook can be eliminated simply because they were later in the competition so the judges are more picky on their final spots.
That's totally lame!
I wish they'd do more of an American Idol thing at first.
Where if you can get any judge to say yes to your food. (or maybe two or three)
then you're in!
After everybody has been chosen to go onto the 'next level'
THEN the people are split into teams.
That way the people with interesting back stories and serious skills...have a fair chance.
It's possible that the could do more elimination rounds until they are down to sixteen cooks....
and then pick teams.

Yah....That's how I would do it. lol.
I mean American Idol can get away with it.
Why not "The Taste?" :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in a snowy area, near the gas station by my home with a tall edge. Somehow I was...transferred over to a "Christmas Land" but I wouldn't believe that I was actually there even though I saw elves and other amazing 'magical' things.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment