Saturday, February 23, 2013

When Nails Come In Handy

Kikay doesn't thumb war with me anymore.

Why?

Because of my thumb nails.

They can get pretty long.
And I tend to keep them longer then my other finger nails,
-meaning that I cut them less often then the others.

Why?
Because they're really handy when their longer. :) lol
For one they make great weapons in those thumb wars. ;) haha
You don't want to be jabbed by these guys!

But there are other reasons.
1. It's easier to take out my contacts.
2. I can catch the little tiny crickets that escape from work without squishing them.
3. they're great for untying tiny knots.
4. I can use them to poke holes in plastic/tear plastic.
5. They can slip in those metal rings that you use to put like car keys or dog tags on.
6. They're great designer tools when working with clay and you need to scrape away a small spot.

among a variety of other things I can do that I can't think of right now lol.

I'm especially grateful for the longer nails today....
for I've found another item that 'hates' me.
Among buckets in general, pens, paper....

It's plastic bags.

I was assigned to cashier today at work,
and for some reason our plastic bags...wouldn't 'tear' in the right way.
The right way is that when you pull one off the rack, then the next back pulls as well so it opens, therefore it's ready for the next item to be placed in the bag.

Not so today.
The little baggies refused to work together more often then not!
Gah!
So annoying! I would tear off a bag...and the next one wouldn't follow!
It would stubbornly remain closed.
and stuck to all it's other buddies.

-it's like the same concept with any type of plastic bag you know....why do they have to come shut! Why not have a pull tab or something so you don't have to rustle the plastic between  your fingers, twisting, pulling...to try and get the things open.

Seriously...they do need to come up with a little tab that sticks out that you can grab onto so in case the bag doesn't open easily....it will open easily!

Thankfully though, I had my longer thumb nails.
and through a bit of trial and error,
I figured out the spots that I needed to slip the nail inbetween
so I could get that small plastic opening in order to open the rest of the bag.

Yes....I may be deadly during thumb wars.
But the lack of battles is worth it.
for all the useful things I can do with my longer nails. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was following a bus down a street, only when it turned right and I followed it....the bus wasn't actually a bus, but instead I nearly ran into a Mcdonalds fast food place...which had a design like the back of a bus. While there I ordered some french fries and a hamburger, but ended up giving the hamburger to the guy at the register for him to eat. When I left the place I walked down an alley, but someone was following me, so I turned around and screamed as loud as I could. The guy following me didn't think it would have an effect, but a tall black dude in a red hoodie came to my rescue and his buddie in a grey hoodie who was a little shorter came as well. Even the local hispanic cop showed up, without his hood up so he was in plain sight and all the guys...they had dark skin, shunned the cop. They didn't trust him, though when the same cop walked by a while later with his hood up -but uniform still in plain sight...they ignored him. I hung out with my new guy friends, and they helped me to stay out of sight, as I was on the run, and being a girl of light colored skin...I stood out, so I took to huddling in hollows and keeping my hood up....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment