Friday, February 8, 2013

Within 15 Minutes

So my mom said today that she looked forward to reading my next post if my Internet was working. I laughed thinking that wouldn't be a problem. Well what do you know... my computer refuses to connect to the Internet. >.< Post forthcoming

Just for fun...I'm going to keep my little note above. ^^;;;

Anyways.
You know what's fun?
Unperdictablilty.
The weather here is the perfect example for that.
There have been days when it starts out feeling like summer and by noon it's snowing so hard you can't see before the weather turns warm and you're nearly at the end of spring.
All the while dodging those construction cones. ;) haha.

In any case.
I had a fun experience today.
You see, Kikay dropped me off at the school so I could go to a devotional. :D yay! :D
The weather was slightly cloudy. But pretty warm. I mean...most of the snow had melted :( boooo.
Well after the Devo...I didn't have the car...cus you know, Kikay had it.
But I didn't think much of it.
I mean, I'd walked home before.
It wasn't that big of a hassle.
So I headed up the six flights of stairs (since the school meanders down a hill).
Walking inside, then outside, then inside, then outside.
Well the first outside. The weather was slightly cool.
The second outside.
I nearly got suffocated by the wind that was howling by.
Blowing leaves to the east in waves.
I could almost hear them screaming "RUN AWAY!" (you know like from Nemo 'swim away!')

It was only a bit of wind.
That meant my hair would get messy and tangled.
But nothing I couldn't handle.
So I gots a walking.
I know wind signals a storm.
But I figured I had time.
Right?
Ha.
No.
I felt/saw raindrops. Just a scattering.
Insomuch that it could have been trees shedding left over snow.
But by the time I got to the last shuttle stop.
It was lightly snowing. -A distance of like maybe 400 yards.
By the time I reached the roundabout. -another 400 yards.
It was snowing more.
Big white fluffy flakes.
Of course....the ONE day when Kikay has the car and I actually have to WALK home.
*shakes head*
It got heavier as I reached the light. -another 400 yards.
I was practically wearing a snowman suit by the time I got home. -another 400 yards.
And sitting in the living room staring out the window....
It got even heavier. Blizzard proportions.
I could barely see pass the houses across the street.

lol I just count myself lucky that I made it home before the worst part of the storm hit! :D lol.
Ah. Gotta love the weather.
And how quickly the storm can move in...I mean it's only a 15 minute walk....
And it went from cloudy. to windy. to SNOW!!!

It felt great to be walking in it lol ^^
I loved feeling the flakes all around me and being in the middle of the storm. :D
So. Much. Energy! :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment