Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Scrub A Dub Dub

post forthcoming due to cleaning check cleaning madness....

and now I'm back. :)

Can I tell you how crazy cleaning checks are? They're like super crazy.
Made even crazier by the fact that I had an evening shift the night before the check.
Yah. Evening shift.
As in, not home til loooong after dark.
to make it even better. The day of the cleaning check....I had a morning shift.
Yah, morning shift, as in 'gots to go to bed early to get enough sleep shift'
luckily it was a later morning shift, but not by much. And in this morning shift? More scrubbing scrubbing scrubbing. I mean...that's what I did for the evening shift.
I scrubbed tanks.
Came home. Scrubbed the apartment to shiny perfection.
And then went to work to clean cages and scrub more tanks.

Can I say 'Ow?"
Because I have, and will continue to do so.
I mean...I scrubbed like four layers of skin off of my palm from that.
Red, raw, and very angry looking.
Also making work in the morning difficult.

Yah...let's just say I'm tired. Oh so tired.
But energized!
Why?
We passed!!

Always a good feeling.
Especially when you stayed up waaaaay to late to make sure everything was nice.
I mean, you never know how 'thorough' the checkers are going to be.
Are they going to come in with a white glove?
or are they going to walk in, look around, say 'yep it's good' and walk out?
So it's always safe to hedge on the side of 'crazy white glove'
Even when it ends up being the 'look around' guy.
Phew.

I'm just glad it's all over for now.
And that I get a day off from work now to recover. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment