Saturday, November 23, 2013

Scheduling...*sigh*

Have you ever read the poem "If the world was crazy?"

I kept thinking that today....
Why?

Because the end of the poem goes "Then I would be king if the world was crazy."

And I was at work today thinking. "If I were in charge of scheduling...I would do things a lot differently."

For one....when holidays would come along, where the store would be closed...I'd give everyone a two day thing off. Like this upcoming Thanksgiving. I would split all the workers in half. And some would get Wednesday/Thursday off. And others would get Thursday/Friday off. That way. There's a two day 'weekend' for everyone so that they can actually enjoy having family time together...
Though...I won't envy those who have to work on Black Friday :S Yikes!

But with that aside...I think that would just be cool to do. If I were in charge of scheduling.

That also goes along with the thinking of....we should have a schedule like four weeks out. A month. For real. How hard could that be? Like on the 15th of every month...you get your schedule for next month....*shrugs* Something like that. Much better then like...one or two days before the new week starts.

Yah...
A lot of this comes from coming into work this morning to get my schedule...and finding out that...it's not a fun schedule. Where I would have to be cashiering all week... O.o Which is super weird for me. It never happens...apparently it was a computer error. Soo it should be fixed by tomorrow...(which means I only get my schedule like...less then 24hours before I work...) Who knows. *shakes head8

But yah.
I guess that's the annoyance of working in a retail job... >.>

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment