Friday, November 15, 2013

I Prefer The Gravel

Soo, remember how I was tired like yesterday and the day before?
Well, there was a bright side to yesterday.
You see, I was looking at our schedule of scrubbing.
And was relieved to see that I wasn't meant to scrub tanks that day.

Still, I planned to work on a couple of tanks that are...in the midst of...needing a lot,
a lot a lot a lot of scrubbing. 
As these particular tanks love to grow algae like instantaneously.
But we've been attacking them with new vigor in the never ending war,
and it looks like we're nearly winning, but seriously it's tied at this point.
We just need get ahead of it instead of maintaining it and it will be won!

...If only we had the time.

In any case,
Later in my work shift, but before I went to tackle the tanks of war,
Reth was looking over the schedule of scrubbers...and was realizing...

She had assigned herself tanks, but she wasn't going to have time to do them.

I knew where her thought process was going, especially since she realized that one of my coworkers wouldn't have time to do the whole cleaning process due to coming in later in the day.

But really....I totally did not want to scrub tanks myself.
For one....I was tired.
For two, I'd scrubbed twice as many tanks the day before due to a coworker not coming in.
For three, I'd already done a lot of cleaning for hours on my apartment to pass cleaning checks.
So for sure, my hands needed a break from the scrubbing.

Then I thought back to the day before the day, where I'd had free time on my hands (it was pretty dead in the store) and decided to gravel vacuum everyone's tanks among other tank duties, and let the people coming in do the actual scrubbing.

So I suggested this to Reth.
"What if I gravel vacuum all the tanks, and then the two people coming in tonight can do the scrubbing?"

And to my delight. She totally loved that idea!
She was delighted that I'd solved the problem and for 'thinking outside of the box.'
Me I was delighted because I'd made her happy and all smiley. And...I was happy because I wouldn't have to scrub tanks this night! WOOT!
I literally skipped around for a bit after she disappeared because that was a total energy boost to my lackluster day.
I could be useful, but avoid a task I didn't want to do this particular day. ^^
Sweet! :)

I love win win situations. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I walked into my 4th roommate's bedroom, and found all this stuff still within it. This was bad, since no one was living in this room, it had to remain totally empty of personal belongings, otherwise we could get fined. And there was a lot of stuff in this bedroom, bookshelves of books among other odds and ends. And having already had our cleaning check and realizing that the checkers had already been by, we were going to get fined. and I didn't like this idea as I'd told my roommates they had to have everything out. Then...they claimed that they did get all their stuff out. Kikay showed up and was like 'this is your stuff, remember I brought it in as I didn't want it anymore. -the book shelves will hers and filled up with her books.- and I was like 'why did you do that?! I didn't need this! I have no room for it!' but here it was without my knowledge, seriously, I didn't remember or know that this stuff was in this room. So I began gathering it up....only to straighten and be in a store sort of place where a bunch of other kids were. Apparently they'd been dropped off by their parents when they were babies...and the parents hadn't come back for them, mostly because the parents couldn't get in. But there was a rescue effort underway, we were going to find a way out! In order to help the parents come in....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment