Sunday, November 17, 2013

White Screen or White Paper?

There's something rather intimidating by a blank word document.
Especially if you're wanting to write down a story on that big white screen.

It's like, when you start typing, when you let that blinking line actually form words...there's no going back. Which is kinda funny, since you can always erase whatever you write in the blink of an eye. No scratches. No crossing out, no unreadable handwriting.
Writing should be easy on a word document.

Yet, it's difficult for me.
I open up that word document, and then immediately retreat to the safety of the internet.
Because I...find it difficult to fill that white space with an actual story.
Perhaps it's because I think I have a scene so clearly thought out in my mind, but then when I get down to writing it...it's not that clear at all. In fact it's a jumbled mess.
Totally frustrating.

Which is why I've switched to writing stuff down in notebooks.
It's easier. There's not this whole pressure of 'I need to get these words down exactly right!' It's just me....writing.

However,
I've come to discover that there are some stories....
Where when I think of them....
I think "this would go better if I was writing in word."

Some stories apparently think of themselves as being more 'high tech' then others.
Some prefer the Online version.
Others love the paper side.

Only those word related stories have to wait.
Why?
Because that white screen is still super intimidating to me,
and until I can counteract that intimidation...

My stories are going to be on paper. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment