Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Excitedness

It seems like my Facebook feed only really shows one thing recently.

The "I've been giving such and such a number, so I'm going to tell you that number of things about myself." Thing.

Yah. I haven't participated yet. Mostly because I just stare at it and wonder "Who ever came up with this thing and how did it get soooo popular??"

And, because I really don't know what I would say.
And when I say I don't know what I would say....I mean, I know a lot of things about myself that people don't know, but do I know which ones I want to share on Facebook for others to see? No.
I could go serious, sad, snarky, funny, there are so many varieties I could do.

So, I don't participate.

But since it has been on my mind recently,
I thought I'd share one thing about myself here on this blog.

I can get excited for other people's excitedness just as if it were happening to myself.
To the point where I could get possibly more obsessive about the excitement then they themselves are excited for it.
But. The catch is. I only really do this if I could actually picture myself doing the event that gave the original person the excitement in the first place. 
It's like...getting excited for a future event that I too may do in the future.

A good example would be all the fun my sister Kikay is having with querying agents, entering contests, and getting responses back.
Since I enjoy writing too, I love to hear what happens on her end, and if she get's a positive response back I would be out in the streets celebrating more then she is.
Because, hey. In the future. *coughifieverfinishwritingabooktoqueryitcough* that could be me.
And I'm like "OH YAH! THIS IS AWESOME WE SHOULD OBSESS OVER IT!"

Now...to get away from obsessing and actually work on hammering my story into a readable piece of work...yes...must do that....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment