Thursday, November 21, 2013

Standing Up For Cheer


At a time when it appeared that the Prophet needed them at home, two of the Apostles, Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, were called on foreign missions.
The following is Elder Heber C. Kimball's historic account of the pathetic setting at his departure:

"I went to the bed and shook hands with my wife, who was shaking with the ague, having two children lying sick by her side; I embraced her and my children, and bid them farewell; the only child well was little Heber Parley, and it was with difficulty he could carry a two-quart pail full of water from a spring at the bottom of a small hill to assist in quenching their thirst.
it was with difficulty we got into the wagon and started down the hill about ten rods; it appeared to me as though my very inmost parts would melt within me: leaving my family in such a condition, as it were, almost in the arms of death; it seemed to me as though I could not endure it.
I said to the teamster, 'Hold up.'
Said I to Brother Brigham, 'This is pretty tough, ain't it? Let's rise up and give them a cheer.'
We arose and winging our hats three times over our heads, we cried 'Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah for Israel!'
Vilate [Kimball] hearing the noise arose from her bed and came to the door; she had a smile on her face and she and Mary Ann young cried out to us, 'Good bye, God bless you.'
We returned the compliment and then told the driver to go ahead.
After this I felt a spirit of joy and gratitude at having the satisfaction of seeing my wife standing upon her feet, instead of leaving her in bed, knowing as I did that I should not see them again for two or more years."
This was one of four missions that these two Apostle missionaries served.

Harold G. Hillam -Sacrifice in the Service -October 1995 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work going about my tasks and my coworkers Reci and Lia came up to me, with Reci talking about how we were going to have a movie night on Friday night. Which was super exciting! Though I'd already halfway planned to have a movie night of my own at my apartment that night, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to ditch it for the Work movie, because I didn't think anyone would be showing up to mine anyway....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment