Thursday, November 7, 2013

Others May Have It Harder


At times, the Lord needs a little help to assist some as to the validity of this truth.
I recall when I served as chairman of the Church Missionary Committee that I received a telephone call from a member of the presidency of the Missionary Training Center at Provo, Utah.
He advised me that a particular young man called to a Spanish-speaking mission was having difficulty applying himself to his language study and had declared, "I never can learn Spanish!"
The leader asked, "What do you recommend we do?"

I thought for a moment, then suggested, "Place him tomorrow as an observer in a class of missionaries struggling to learn Japanese, and then advise me his reaction."

My caller responded within 24 hours with the report, "The missionary was only in the Japanese language class one-half day when he called me and excitedly said, 'Place me back in the Spanish class! I know I can learn that language.'"
And he did.

While the formal classroom may be intimidating at times, some of the most effective teaching and learning takes place other than in the chapel or the classroom.

Thomas S. Monson -Duty Calls -April 1996 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

...involved rope...someone wanting to tie me up...

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment