Friday, July 18, 2014

2:20 AM

I haven't been sleeping well recently.

It's not totally surprising, I go through phases every now and then where I find it difficult to stay asleep at night.
For the most part, I think I get too hot, and so that wakes me up.
But others....

Currently, I think I'm stressing.
Over what? Who knows, my life is pretty normal at the moment, but there are probably little things that are under the skin bugging me/ worrying me.
To the point where I find it difficult to stay asleep.
So for the past couple weeks or so,
Almost every night,
I've woken up at least once.

Which means, that I haven't been totally sleeping 'restfully.'
Which probably is making me tense, making me sore, making it difficult to go to sleep again....
A vicious cycle.

Last night....
I didn't sleep through the night.
>.<
Through no fault of my own. I actually hadn't woken myself up this time.
But someone, decided that it was a 'great' idea to text me like a four text long message....at 2:20am.
TWO TWENTY! IN THE MORNING! And I had to get up like three hours later......

Obviously, my first thought was "AH! EMERGENCY! SOMETHING HAPPENED!" I mean, why else would I get a text that early in the morning?
>.< So stress levels rise.
Because I'm worrying someone is hurt.
And guess what.
....No emergency.
It was a text, that really could have waited for a more reasonable hour to be sent. Sure it gave me pertinent information, but nothing that was a 'need to know right now' info.
>.<
Which, in return, raised my 'ire'
In the
I WAS FINALLY GETTING A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP AND YOU WAKE ME UP FOR THIS!!
>.<
Not a happy Sarnic for sure.
So this unhappy feeling, made it difficult to go back to sleep, as I spent a good span of time 'responding' back mentally to the text in a variety of different ways.
-I responded back when I actually got up, in a polite way. But I had no compunction against texting 'early' in the morning. (Hope I woke them up.... >.>)
(yay for levelheadedness. Positivity goes a lot further than negativity.)

I'm sure, they figured that I'd be asleep, and I wouldn't hear my phone go off. (you'd think right?)
But, unfortunately,
They caught me just as I was on the edge of a REM cycle. I'd already been on the verge of either waking up or drifting into deeper sleep, when I heard my phone vibrate.

And yah.... Not happy.
Though, in a way it might have helped me.
Might.
As I had been having a dream that was well, not quite a major nightmare, but definitely unsettling in nature (it's written at the end of this post.)
And the vibrating phone pulled me out of that unhappy dream.
Yet, it left me in an unhappy mood. Which probably carried on into the morning.
But...I'm left to wonder.
Would the dream have gone darker had I not been woken up?
Or would it have transferred into a happier dream?
Who knows.

There was a reason for waking up at that moment....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in this trailer home -like the kind you find in a trailer park, out in the middle of the woods, I had a young child, and my husband with me....but all wasn't happy. Our relationship wasn't the best, and I was looking for a way to escape and get me and my child to safety. The result came in an unexpected way, where the house, kinda exploded on us. There was an instigator of sorts, but I'm not sure what it was, I just barely had enough time to grab my baby and rush out the door before it was engulfed in flames. It was only afterwards, after everyone was safe, that I realized....I had left my phone in the house. This was rather....bad because my phone also had my money in it, and I couldn't really go anywhere without phone or money, so I was left rather adrift without a house as well....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment