Sunday, July 13, 2014

New Blood in the Store

This past week at work has been rather....I'm going to go with entertaining.
Why?
Because I've been in 'teacher mode' for most of it.
We hired on some new blood for my department,
Which means I've spent most of the week training the new blood on what to do, policies, procedures, etc.
For the most part it looks like they're going to catch on pretty quickly, and do stuff quickly. But I won't know until they're thrown into the deep end to swim on their own.
Lol that won't happen for another week or so which is a good thing,
It's never fun to be thrown into a situation where you're like "Great.....what am I supposed to do here?"
Hopefully, we'll be able to cover everything that I didn't get a chance to cover next week.....hopefully.

In any case.
It's been....well like having a lost puppy following me around the store.
Since Newblood is brand new, she ends up coming to me for nearly every single question that a customer has.
Which is fine. For the most part I find it amusing because I did basically the exact same thing when I first started working for Starsmet. So I'm basically seeing myself in our new Trainee. And it will take a month or so before that 'HELP ME!' look will fade from their eyes.
But for the other part....it does get rather tedious. Lol. I really need to just avoid letting them see me, so that they don't get this "Oh! I can let Sarnic answer/find this item/ for you!" Because really, that's what they've been doing. Chatting with their customer until I'm done helping my customers and then letting me take over.
>.>
I may have to (if I'm able to) tell them to "stay here and learn." as really, it's like they're like "I'm saved!" And then they flee into a different part of the store. lol.


We'll see if I can convince them to stick around.... ;)

Still. Like I said, it's been amusing. :) (Only annoying when the store is super busy.)
We'll see if I still find it that way next week. ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at my apartment building, trying to go over to the temple, but everytime I got halfway there, I realized that I had forgotten my phone, so I kept going back to get it, but never seemed to actually grab it before I ventured out again...somehow I ended up at the gas station by my parent's home, and was working on paying for the gas in my car. I had to go into the store to pay -that was the system- and I couldn't find my name at first on the list of pumps and such, until my sister pointed out that here was my name....but there was someone else's name connected with mine. Apparently someone was in the process of stealing my account by connecting their name with mine, so I had this worry that they were going to steal my money, so I paid and set out for my car, only to encounter a girl sitting in a car with a bunch of dream catchers on it. My sister was still with me and she noticed that one of those dream catchers was one that our dad had made -it had indian petroglyphs on it- and had been hanging in my sister's car. These were thieves! (the girl was with a guy as well.) But worse. These were the people who were trying to take my money from my account!!

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment