Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Try Finding It Yourself

I really should do a comic for the following story.
But...I'm not. :)

So, there I was. At work.
Greeting customers.
Because I happened to be in that spot at that moment in the position to greet people coming inside.

And I asked them, like usual, if there was anything I could do to help them.

One woman, nodded and asked "Where are the reptile cages?"
An easily enough answerable question. They were basically right behind me.
So I gestured to the cages in question. "Right here."
"Alright where are the birds?"
I nearly raised an eyebrow at this. Couldn't she see that they were right next to the reptiles? But I gestured again. "Right next to the reptiles."
"Thanks." And she and her children wandered over to the birds.
Okay questions answered. Sweet!

But then, a couple minutes later.
One of the woman's children, a preteen girl, comes up to me and asks. "Where are the lizards?"
Uhh....I already told you? I gestured again. "Right here." To both sets of tanks standing like literally right in front of her.
"Where?" She asked never taking her attention off me.
O.o "Here?" I gestured again to the two columns of reptile cages.
"Where?" Again not taking her eyes off me.
Really kid? REEAAALLY? You could turn your head and LOOK?
"They're in those cages there."
Finally she looks.
"Where?"
......"In. The cages."
"I don't see them."
"You have to get closer to see them." She was standing like six feet away, of course you can't see them! "They tend to hide."
"I still don't see them." She hadn't moved.
Where was a wall when I needed to bang my head against it. GET CLOSER! She finally moved closer. But I don't think she was looking.
*sighs*
I moved over to the bearded dragons. Clearly visible even from a distance and said "Here are some lizards."
She moved over and then was like "GUYS! GUYS COME HERE I FOUND SOME LIZARDS!"

*cue more headbanging.* How did you FIND it if I had to SHOW you where they were and you didn't even LOOK! Gaaaah!

I was soo glad to leave them in peace with their lizards and help other customers at that point.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment