Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Other Hand

When I was younger,
I had this question.

What would I do, if I broke my left arm? And I couldn't write with it?
I mean, I was left handed, but if I couldn't use my left hand....would I be unable to do my homework? Would I have to still try and write left handed, causing me pain??

And then I had this thought...
What if I learned how to write with my right hand?
That way, if something happens to my left....I can still write stuff down!

So, I learned.
And in some cases my right handed hand writing, is a lot more clear than my left handed hand writing....lol if only in the fact that I write slower right handed than I do left handed.

I think, that this way of thinking,
the "What ifs" at a young age,
Has led me to figure out other stuff as well,
Or at least be more willing to try other things out.

Like work for example.
It's been on my mind off and on for the last little while of a "What would I do if I suddenly lost a hand?"
Working at Starsmet....it's a very hands on sort of job.
And so, off and on, I attempt to do things with one hand.
lol Usually because I'm holding things in one hand and have the other hand free. -And I don't want to have to set everything down to pick it all back up two seconds later.....
So I see what I can and can't do just using one hand....and my feet. :)
Lots of things really. :)
Which means, I'm pretty sure that I would be able to cope pretty well with one hand, though some tasks would definitely take longer, and others would take a lot of creativity.

But at least I know, if anything happens, I can do it.
:) At least...with my other hand full of stuff. lol
Who knows what would happen if I only had one hand and it was full of stuff. :S

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment