Saturday, July 26, 2014

What's Today?

So there I was.
Starving.
Work had dragged on
F
o
r
e
v
e
r
for some odd reason. And I really, really just wanted food.
Like "Get it right now and then go home and sleep." wanted food.
Which meant that my mind went rather single minded.
As soon as the clock told me I could leave, I was nearly almost gone out the door. (chose to help a long line at the registers first.)
In the car.
Ignition On.
Seat belt.
Car in drive.
GOOOOO
FOOOOOD!
I screeched into the fast food place,
Went inside to order.
And was back out the door in hardly much time at all.
Food with me! Now to snack on it as I drive home to sleep!
Same process as before.
Car in Reverse.
Backing out.
Turning.
And then a thought hit me.
O.o
The day.
It was a specific day.
Where I had...
and then I remembered.
We were doing a movie night this day!
Gah!
And so, ensured a quick tug of war.
Go home...
or go to the movie night with friends in work clothes... (as I'd forgotten about it so didn't pack a change.)
Plus...eating in front of friends.... as I already had food....

In the end, the movie and friends won over my desire to sleep. :)
And so I drove over to the site, and walla!
Fun night!
And oh so much exhaustion afterwards. lol.

But it just goes to show how much I've been working recently to have that nearly totally skip my mind. :S

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in my living room, with Ke and Be Mil and my Mom and we were working on some sort of art project that involved glass figurines and meshing them into a collage of sorts on a piece of paper. I really was struggling to figure out how this process actually worked as I gathered the clear glass figures from in between the seat cushions of our old grey flower couch, But then my dad pulled me outside to look up on our roof, where there was a huge 'nest' that had been made by one of the wandering NAW (Ninja American Warriors??) In reality it was a bed with a bunch of clothes and odds and ends on it. The NAW were a mysterious nomadic group that camped out on people's rooftops (or other high places that are difficult to reach) before moving on, and my Dad was obsessed with them. He'd been trying to track them for years, and had manuals, books, guides, etc on how to catch them, where to find them, etc. And to have one come onto our red tiled roof? Totally awesome in his book! But, it wasn't that easy to get up there to see this 'nest' Dad had to climb up onto the hood of his truck, then he used the basketball hoop to do gymnastics that I actually thought he couldn't do because I thought he was more out of shape than he apparently was. (He'd been training for this moment apparently.) I wanted to come up and help, but he told me to go inside and print off one of his 'how to' diagrams. I think a 'how to take the nest off the roof.' So I went inside and found the books/computer, but the 'page' (first webpage, but then page of a book.) that he'd left it on was a 'how to make a paper ninja' from an origami thing. I heard a noise in front of me and looked up to see that the NAW who'd camped out on our house was right in front of me in the kitchen. Discreetly I turned his attention away from Dad's obsessiveness, and we got to talking, and he told me that soon a ton of NAWs would be camped out all over these rooftops because there was a big event being held nearby for them all. (Kinda like Comic Con perhaps? not sure.) and we actually hit it off really well. He was cute, talkative, and I was having fun....and then, my Dad and his party of fellow NAW hunters came into the door triumphantly with the nest in hand. It was rather disheartening and I laid a hand on his shoulder whispering. "I'm sorry for this." Because in reality I had been the distraction to keep him from getting back to his nest. He took it well enough...he was disappointed for sure, as that was his life that my dad had just taken away. Everything he owned was in that nest. He bent down to scoop up an old stuffed animal, that had been shaved except for the head. Leaving it looking like a lion...but a dog. Remarkably it looked like my own stuffed animal Dalmatian Jasper. And we bonded a bit on how close they looked to each other and that we still had this 'treasure' of ours. There were lots of things we had in common actually, though one big difference was that he didn't like the cooler weather, and I loved the cool. It was probably like 60ish degrees, and it was too cold for him, but I loved it. It was like we'd moved past the Nest incident and were still friends getting to know each other when....

The unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment