Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New Device In the House!

So,
I've been needing to get one for a while.
At least, not needing, but wanting....
A new Ipod Touch.

As...you may have recalled, earlier this year. In what? January?
I dropped my old Itouch that I'd had for like 3 years...
And totally cracked the screen to smithereens.
But, I got the glass replaced,
Only to have the Home button stop working,
However, a handy dandy app button created a virtual Home button.
and so. There was my old Itouch.
Looking all nice and brand new.
Though with some problems.
At least it's protected in a nice super-duper case that won't let it break!

....However, I think that drop gave it other problems.
Like....the battery draining within a day. (it's not supposed to do that.)
And Apps spazzing out/freezing up....

Which basically made it rather useless.
Unless you know...I had patience.
And it constantly plugged in.
No Bueno.

So, I thought I could solve the problem in a different way.
by getting a Smart Phone!
However...it wasn't the same.

Which meant, that I still wanted to get another Ipod.
But what would I want it for?

Well...what did I use my old one for?
Music, Games, Scriptures, Camera, helpful writing apps, Internet
So what does my smart phone have?
Everything but my music playlist really.
Sooo why not just get a smaller ipod for just my music?

But recently, I realized.
That some of my apps...hadn't transferred over too well to my phone.
Like the Scripture App.
It wasn't to my liking.

Which had me thinking longingly about my old scripture app on my old Itouch.
Which meant....that if I wanted that again....I would have to get another Itouch.
Which I hadn't really been considering. But now was.
Because those were more expensive.
:S And I didn't want to spend that much money.

Yet....My Scripture App....I wants it.
Soo I figured, hey, why not just go for one of the less expensive Itouches. One with less memory.
Not the 8gb that was too small.
But the 16 gb. Surely that would be fine. :) Plus, I found it when it was on sale! :D So why not go for that?
Really...Why not?
I called Mother Dearest to find out the why nots....
and she was like "Why not go for a 32gb? It's only like $50 more."
and I was like. O.o "But it's $50 more"
"But you'd have more room for music, books, more apps!"
....so true. Oh so true. Since that is what my Old Itouch has. Is 32gbs.
Yet I didn't feel like I needed that much space....
I mean I was just going to put music on it.

And like two apps.
"But what about getting books on your Itouch?"
O.O Booookkkssss....
Lol

In the end, I ended up getting the 16gb. :) As I figured I'd have plenty of room. Since I didn't have 'that many songs' and wasn't going to use 'that many apps.'

>.< Only to encounter difficulties after purchase.
For one, it took forever to Activate the thing (shows what I know after 3 years....) Finally managed it because I went to a different internet source.
Only to discover that my device wasn't being recognized on my ITunes....
()_()
That was BAD.
Why?
Because the whole reason why I got the new Itouch was so that I could hook it up to my new computer, and if it didn't hook up to my new computer...what was the point of having it!!
So I tried everything me, and my computer knowledgeable friends could think of.
To no avail.
No recognition.
No syncing.
NOT GOOD.

Solution?
I waited impatiently for after work,
and took it to the store I'd bought it from, and the techno guys there who could fix it.
It took nearly an hour,
With a lot of fiddling, scratching of heads, confusion, and "Huh...that's strange."
Before it finally got fixed!! :D
Turns out, we had to update the drivers. (whatever that means, but that was what one of my computer friends had suggested the night before....and I still didn't know what it meant.)
Still!
ITS FIXED!
My laptop now recognizes my new toy. ^^
Woot!

And boy. ()_()
It's sooo new and awesome and wow, they updated stuff!
Really, it's a good thing I was basically by myself while I discovered the new features to my new Itouch.
Because I've been grinning like a kid at Christmas for most of it.
Soo much cool stuff!
I had no idea so much had changed in the Itouch world since I got my old one.

Frankly, I think my favorite thing is.... THERE IS A FLASH LIGHT ON MY ITOUCH!
I have no idea why this excites me so. But it does. :D With a click of a button an actual light turns on! O.o crazy! It's not just the screen, it's a light. So cooool!

^^ Yes. I'm definitely going to like having a new Itouch around. One that doesn't die in a day. ^^;;

However....
>.>
<.<

Mother Dearest may have been right.
I only have about 1500 songs on my Ipod...but already, I'm down to like 1gb of data left on my 16gb Itouch. O.o It's crazy. I thought I could fit at least twice as many songs on here. Maybe I should have gone for a 32gb......

However, at the moment, I'm not thinking I will.
^^ I'm loving my new little Itouch. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at school, in a class room where one of my teachers who kinda looked like my third grade teacher Mrs Williams, assigned us some work to do that involved creating a graph/columns, multiple choice, etc, all on one document, and then use a story and our own experiences to answer questions and mark them in various ways. What's the question, do you do this?, does the boy do this? How often does he do this? Etc. She showed us how to do everything really quickly, almost too quick to catch on before leaving the room with the announcement that she would be back around 9 to check our progress. Actually, that she would meet us at the computer lab where we were supposed to be doing the assignment and she'd check in on us at 9. So me and my sister got ready for school, at home, rather slowly, and I checked at the clock constantly to see what time it was watching it get closer to 9, and just as we were about to leave, my Aunt G and her son J pulled up in their van. Apparently they'd come to root us on, after dropping of her daughters at a competition. J also had a competition that he needed to get to where we were at, and so they drove all the way down from Odgen to CollegeTown which for them ended up being an all night drive so G hadn't had any sleep at all. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost 9 and began freaking out, but my sister said to relax because the teacher had given us til 9 to get there, we didn't have to be done by 9, though I was sure it was the other way around. We arrived at the lab with our paper and booklet in hand that had the notes to do the assignment and I started to try and do it, but couldn't quite remember what I was supposed to do, I didn't see any comparison between me and the boy in the story that I could use besides two options, so instead I watched another girl putting together her graph. But then I glanced back at the last page that had a picture of a sandwich and I was like I eat those. I can do this, but Suddenly there was a huge stack of sandwiches, at least 10 or so high, that when I looked at the full tower closely ended up being every sandwich combination from a certain fast food place. In my mind it was Burger King. And our goal was to eat the sandwich. I went to take a bite, but wasn't sure where to start, So I set the food down next to a cliff that overlooked a waterfall/river below and divided it into piles, as the one big pile was hard to manage and keep under control. I then took a spoon and scooped at the redrock, easily scooping large slices of it away like icecream and eating it. Each time the rock ledge looking slightly different but still natural. But at a certain point I realized, I shouldn't eat the ice cream, I had to save room for all the different sandwiches, but really I was only in the mood to eat a chicken sandwich and all they had were fish patties and different styles of hamburgers in that pile. So I left the two piles and took the hike back to the other side of the waterfall where my brother and the rest of my family were, But while I was over there, I looked over and realized that my tower of sandwiches had lost some of the sandwiches and that they'd fallen down to the river embakement and since that was my project...I needed to hurry and go rescue everything. So I ran back down the trail passing dozens of people, some who'd noticed the sandwiches, and tried to take my shortcut back to that side....but the short cut had disappeared, it had just become a loop of open boxed bridges on the water by a redrock tower, so I ran on taking the longer route, confused as to where the short route had gone. I was following these other people, slightly obese, when I came to this tunnel. I started walking through it having just seen other people come down it, and had the thought, what if a bear comes along? I dismissed the thought, because (I had had this part of the dream before) I knew that there were possibilities, but no bears had come while me and my family had been there. I looked ahead and saw this black shadow, and took it to be just that a shadow, because bears wouldn't be here....but then it moved. There was this big black bear, built a bit like a bus. Huge, muscular, coming slowly down the tunnel, it's eyes furious and white, as if it were blind, but really because it was crazed. I screamed and turned to run back out to the opening, but I couldn't run fast, I was doing that slow run that doesn't get me anywhere fast at all. But this other girl, an old coworker who now works at Walmart, came between me and the bear and distracted the bear so that I could get out of the rock tunnel and climb the nearby red rocks out of the way. The bear then came out of the tunnel, and targeted a young man who was also nearby -there were a group of people just waiting/hiding along the edges to see the bear, and as the man tried to run, the bear turned and slashed him with a giant clawed hand (the claws were nearly as long from knee to ankle) down puncturing the man's calf, and dragged him back. When the bear lifted it's paw, he still tried to run, and the bear smacked him across the back/ribs, throwing him out of the way. I grabbed my phone so I could take a picture of the bear, when it turned it's attention on me. Easily it began to scale the rocks I had climbed, and so I held out my hands and tried to snap a quick photo before I jumped down the rocks, it chased after me, but I gave a quick prayer to heavenly father, and the bear with the crazed whit eyes....stopped coming after me, and so I ran down the tunnel as fast as I could (which was actually fast this time.) Leaving the bear behind without giving me any injuries. I ran until I reached the spot I'd been at originally, and there was my family there waiting for me because they needed to go and I had last been seen heading this way. I ran straight into my dad's arms and huddled against his chest, seeking comfort and crying because the experience of near death had terrified me. He did a little comforting and told me that I was in better shape than the young man who'd had both his lungs punctured and may form knots in them as a complication. I didn't quite believe that it had been that bad, as I had seen the bear's claw pierce his calf, not the lungs. He'd just been hit across the back. And as I was in my dad's embrace I saw that there indeed was a shortcut to my side of the waterfall, but I had to have taken the first route to a different lookout point first in order to get there. Which I'd apparently done the first time without realizing it. So I went down the connecting trail to that trail and met up with my sister.....

Before the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment