Thursday, July 17, 2014

Leading In The Dark

Many years ago, while attending a stake conference, I noticed that a counselor in the stake presidency was blind.
He functioned beautifully, performing his duties as though he had sight.
It was a stormy night as we met in the stake office situated on the second floor of the building.
Suddenly there was a loud clap of thunder.
The lights in the building almost immediately went out.
Instinctively I reached out for our sightless leader, and I said, "Here, take my arm and I will help you down the stairway."

I'm certain he must have had a smile on his face as he responded, "No, Brother Monson, give me your arm, that I might help you."
And he added, "You are now in my territory."

The storm abated, the lights returned, but I shall never forget the trek down those stairs, guided by the man who was sightless yet filled with light.

-Thomas S. Monson -For I Was Blind, but Now I See -April 1999 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved trying to control a couple of kids -boy and girl- who had schizophrenic like problems and trying to keep them happy and well controlled so that nobody would come take them away....

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment