Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MisMatched

So there I was, in the living room, perched on a table (because I like to sit on things that shouldn't really be sat upon....but I do so anyway.)
Chatting with Mother Dearest and two of the neighbor ladies that had come over.
And to get more comfortable, I took my shoes off, and sat cross legged on the table.
Only to have my Mom exclaim "Sarnic!"
Startled I look up to see her giving me that look.
You know the look.
Where you've done something wrong.
And I frantically racked my brain to think what I had done wrong.
Was I being impolite to take my shoes off in front of visitors?
It couldn't be me sitting on the table cus I'd been doing that for a while,
Had a gotten dirt on the table? Scratched up the wood?
No...I was wearing socks, I'd taken off my shoes to prevent that from happening.
So, completely clueless I was like: "What?"

And then I got the answer.
"Your socks don't match!"

lol out of all the things I had been expecting....
That wasn't one of them. lol ^^;;
I had actually forgotten that they didn't match.
Socks were just socks to me.

But in reality.
They were do different socks.
Not meant to be paired up.
But through the extremely tense circumstances of laziness.
Had ended up on my feet without their matching mates.
I mean, I was in a hurry to pack to come home,
and so I basically just grabbed the first two socks that were about the same length that were at hand and stuck them in my bag.
Yes, I knowingly did this, knowing that they didn't match. Even thought about it.
But decided it wasn't important. I just needed socks.
(They probably would be easier to pair up my socks if I took the time to actually put them together.... ^^;; lol.)

lol. so I was like: "Yah, they don't." ^^;; "I figured it wasn't a big deal because for the most part....people don't look at socks."

And everyone agreed with me. lol
"I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't taken your shoes off."

Ah. The need to be comfortable has betrayed me again. ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at work, when this customer -a guy- came up to me with an animal related question concerning getting an animal, and I had to unfortunately inform him that I couldn't go through with his request because it was against policy....and he of course, freaked out about it. Going off how about how he was the customer and I was supposed to be making him happy. I kinda muted him as I didn't want to hear it. And had a manager talk to him, expecting him to be told the same thing, but to my surprise, Dot sided with him, and so I was forced to get the fish he wanted to get even though it didn't follow our policy. So I was trying to get him...her....their fish, and the girl was like "And I had a bunch of parakeets die, and I want to get some new ones." And talking with her I was like O.o I don't think that's a great idea....but there I was wading into a pool full of goldfish black moor, comet, ryukin, orandas trying to get the right set of 10 fish that she wanted (the fish kept looking weird, or kept catching dead ones.) , all the while trying to distract her from the fact that she wanted to get some birds as well....

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment