Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Rallying Point

I could feel it coming on when I got home from work.
After all, I had been at work, on a fast sunday.
Which meant....lots of work, no food.
And on those sort of days,
My energy levels can crash rather quickly.
Which means for recovery the best method is to eat something as soon as I get home,
and then go take a nap to conserve and 'recharge' my energy 'battery.'

Unfortunately,
Most days like this....I end up not being able to stay home and sleep.

Today, people needed me.

Which meant I had a choice.
Eskew them all.
Or cross my fingers and hope that I had enough energy to help them out.

Unsurprisingly, I went for the latter choice. Crossing my fingers.
Hoping, hoping that perhaps I would be able to gain energy from the encounters instead of my levels getting lower.

Unfortunately,
the first encounter, didn't do much at all to help me conserve my energy.
No, they had been through a stressful encounter while they were away, and they just had to release their energy out. Get the story off their chests. Focusing on themselves and their needs.
Without much consideration on how this whirlwind of energy may have been effecting me.

It wasn't good.
At first I could handle it.
But by the end....I had a headache pulsating behind my eyes.
My shoulders were tense.
And all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball with a heat pack.
I didn't have time for that.

So rallying the dregs of my energy,
I went out into the storm.
I could sense the tension as soon as I arrived,
but it was dispelled a bit by having so many different energies swirling around.
Helping me to keep mine a bit more conserved. It even helped me a bit.
However, it definitely was a give and take thing.
A roller coaster of ups and downs as my energy ebbed and flowed throughout my visit.
For the most part, thankfully being filled with more giving from others, than giving from me.

Yet in the end.
As I left, I knew my energy was shot.
I'd done too much on too little. (which happens a lot on fast Sundays.)

I knew what to expect next. Hoped it wouldn't happen, but expected it.
The backlash.
Of trying to give too much.

The driving of a nail through my skull,
The clamping of irons on my shoulders,
The twisting of my stomach,
The night of little rest....

And who knew what would fix it.
But I had to try something.

Thankfully, I survived the night.
Not restfully by any means.
But thankfully, I have the day to recuperate.
and gain my energy back up to a level that can get me back onto my feet.

In the end though, it was worth it.
I was able to help others.
To bring a smile to their face.
To bring a bit of comfort, comprehension, and/or happiness back into their lives.

And that's what matters most. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment