Friday, April 6, 2018

A Drive Thru Price Error

Ordering through the drive-thru is always a semi terrifying experience because like...you have to speak loud enough for the person on the other side to hear you, but also enunciate your words clearly enough that they can hear what you're asking for and well....
I usually take the 'easy' route and go into the place and order my food at the counter.
Because me, with my quiet voice...that usually ends up going a lot more smoothly.

That being said.
There are a couple of places where I have become semi-comfortable with ordering through the drive-thru. 
One is a Wendy's over a Center that I will go thru usually if I'm heading up north right after getting off work.
The other is the Taco Bell nearby my house. 

Those I am most comfortable ordering with because I've had positive experiences doing so.
Like "Oh hey! I can do this drive-thru thing! Yes!" 

Most of the time it's because I keep my orders simple.

But today, on my way home from work. 
I was like "I want tacos!"
But I was also thinking that my roomies would want tacos and after checking in and discovering yes they wanted tacos....that meant that I would need to make a slightly larger order than my usual. 

Which...I'd ordered like six tacos before and had it go off rather smoothly.

But I was looking for a combo thingy that would feed us all and such.
Which unfortunately I could only see in my semi-panicked study of the menu, a 10 taco combo. 
Which okay, that's like 3 tacos each. That's enough. 

So I was like "Alright, can I have the Grande Meal?"
And the person on the other end was like: "A Grande Meal?"
"Yah, with 3 Hard Tacos and 7 Soft Tacos"
-Because my roomies prefer soft and I prefer hard, but I wanted a soft one as well just in case. 

And for some reason the girl on the other end had difficulty understanding that? 
"You want 3 Hard Tacos"
"And 7 soft"
"And 7....hard?'
"No, Soft Tacos."

"So 3 hard tacos and 7..."
"Soft tacos. 3 Hard. 7 Soft." 
And she was like "Ooohhh okay." 
-By this point I was regretting ordering lol. Because...surely it shouldn't be that hard for the order.
And after establishing that she was like "Anything else?"
Which yes....I was wanting some spice so I was like "And an order of Nachos"
Because I like the taste of TacoBell's nacho sauce and wanted the spice there.
And she was like "Nacho Fries?"
Which O.o Not quite sure what those are, but no "Just Nachos." 
"Alright, you can pay at the window." She said.
Not giving me a total or anything...which is weird.
but I glanced at the screen and saw that I would be paying $15 and some change. And was like Okay.

But then when my turn to be at the window finally came around.
She said a number higher than that. Either $17 or $19 something.
And I was like O.o "No, the total should be $15 something" 
She glanced at her screen. "Well you ordered the grande meal." 
"And nachos yes." 
She was like "Oh, just the nachos?"
"Yes just the nachos."
Which prompted her to take something off my order, talk to the people in the kitchen and come back to me saying "Alright your total is $15.29" 
Which thank you. That's what I was expecting.

*shakes head*
Really...I wonder what else had been added to my order...because when I pulled away from the ordering screen the total had shown the $15 price....
*shakes head* 
No idea.

But note to self.
Don't order the grande meal ever again through the drive-thru.
Too complicated. :S Too complicated. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment