Tuesday, April 17, 2018

What I Didn't Know I Needed

Sometimes it's easy to forget just how aware Heavenly Father is of me.

Like it's a concept that floats in the back of my mind.
The knowledge that things happen for a reason.
There there's a plan in mind for me.
And that I often just need to be patient to see things come to pass and such.

But on occasion, it's great to have a stronger reminder present itself.
Have it made more obvious that yes. Heavenly Father is there for me. Christ is there for me. 

This evening I went to meet up with my bishop.
As my temple recommend was nearing it's expiration date. 
And I wanted to make sure I got it renewed sooner rather than later. 

And like most interviews it starts off with the usual small talk.
How are you doing, where do you work, etc.

And I mentioned that I had a headache--specifically a migraine. 
Because stress. *exhales* 
Which I was like "Yah, most of them are stress caused, so I'm just working out ways to, you know, stop me from getting stressed out" 
Which isn't always easy to do when you're suddenly engulfed in a tidal wave of customers needing you in six different places at once...but I digress.

So I did the interview.
Got my recommend. 

And as the Bishop was grabbing the paper from the printer....
I brought up a little thing that's been nagging me for a while.

The fact that I was called and sustained to be a member of the Service Committee in the ward months and months ago (like last year months ago) 
But due to this that and the other. Namely forgetfulness, laziness, and anti-socialness.
I hadn't yet been set apart in my calling. 

Which note to self: Next time I get a new calling. Be. More. On. Top. Of. Things.

In any case.
I asked if I would be able to be Set apart there.
-As it was just the bishop present and I wasn't sure if there would have to be two people there or not. 
But Bishop was fine doing it by himself. 

So I was like "Yay!! I'm finally going to be set apart and finally feel like I belong in my calling and I'll be able to work more efficiently in it." etc. etc. etc.

Which was what the bishop did.

But then. 
He hesitated.
And like...the atmosphere in the room had a subtle shift.
And he went on to give me a bishop blessing.

Part of which involved me and my migraines/headaches.

Like...it wasn't a "You shall never have another headache again!" sort of thing.

But he reminded me that we are never confronted with trials that we can't overcome. 
That the body and spirit are connected and as I draw closer to the Savior, the body will see improvements as well. 
And as time passes, the headaches will get less intense. They'll slowly fade away, and become less of a nuisance.
And that I'll be able to find the strength and energy to continue to work through/around said headaches when they do occur so that they won't affect me as much.
The Bishop also reminded me that Heavenly Father and the Savior are always there, not to help with just my spiritual problems, but my physical ones. And that I shouldn't ever hesitate to call upon them for aid for either case. Spiritual or Physical. 

And it was just like... Wow.
It was one of those blessings that I didn't know I needed. 
That was craving to hear.
The reminder that I don't have to face anything alone.
That even my headaches...I can call upon them for aid to get help to overcome them.

It was a tear inducing moment for sure.

And the best part...was as I left the building, My headache also left as well. 
Like it faded. 

And it's just...the most amazing feeling and the best confirmation ever. 

He's there guys.
He listens.
He helps you when you ask for it.

Just like.
Wow. 
Wow.  

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment