Wednesday, April 18, 2018

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sometimes I have to wonder what customers are thinking. 
Because sometimes...their actions make no sense whatsoever. 

*shakes head*

So.
At work we have a doorbell.
Why?
Because once upon a time we used to lock the doors until the main store opened, meaning that the grooming customers who came to drop off their pets to get groomed (as grooming opens 2 hours before the main store) would need to ring the doorbell to be let into the store.

Now, the doorbell is mainly used to let your coworkers inside the building know that you've arrived and wish to be let in. As we keep the doors locked still until the groomers show up. 

So.
I'd been in the store for not even ten minutes yet.
Just barely starting the first of my opening tasks really.
When I hear the doorbell ring once.

Not surprising as the Vet receptionist arrives pretty soon after I do.
So I'm used to hearing the doorbell pretty soon after I start working.
And like. I was the nearest to the door.
So I start heading that way. 

Which the doorbell had rang just half a second before, mind you. So like I hadn't even taken like two steps.

Before the doorbell rings again.

Again, not uncommon if we take too long to answer the door.
But it had literally been a second maybe two seconds since the first ring. 
Like it happens where the person outside isn't sure that you heard them. 
So they ring again. Hold the button down for a little longer just to ensure that we did in fact hear them.

And like there are groomers who come in who like to do particular patterns when ringing the doorbell.

So I was expecting a) it to be one of the groomers who thought maybe the doorbell hadn't worked the first time. or b) a second person had arrived and also decided to ring the doorbell. 

BUT.
The kicker to this second ring was....that it didn't stop after the normal 'two second' longer ring that people sometimes do.

NO.
This person had apparently decided that they needed to hold down the button for the doorbell and NOT. STOP.

So for like the entire 30 seconds (okay maybe it was like 15 seconds?) it took me to walk from my spot to the front door, the doorbell was buzzing in it's irritating scream for attention.

THE ENTIRE FREAKING TIME.

Which, oh yah, annoying repetitive sound? Definitely one of the quickest ways to earn my ire.
I was literally expecting it to be a coworker and be like "Seriously?!"

But no, I reach the doors. And it's a grooming customer with their little dog.

*glares*
Do you know how hard it is to be polite to a person who's just held their finger on the doorbell, buzzing it, for thirty seconds straight?

Very. Very. Hard.

I literally (Yes literally) threw my hands up in the air as I approached and unlocked the doors, a strained smile on my face as I tried as politely as I could to say "I. heard. you. the. first. time."

Like Seriously?!?!!
YOU DID NOT NEED TO RING THE DOORBELL THAT LONG
DO YOU RING ANY OTHER DOORBELLS THAT LONG ANYWHERE ELSE?!?!
No.

And the customer was like. "Oh, sorry."

Like. Lady.
Could you not hear the doorbell yourself?
Because you can.
You can hear the doorbell ringing from outside.
So therefore you can assume we can hear it Inside as well.

It's not like we have the ability to poof into existence at the entrance half a second after you ring the bell.
It's not like the door bell acts as a magical unlocking mechanism that will allow you to enter the store.

You gotta wait.

But seriously.
What was going though this customer's mind?
What in the world made them think. "Oh yes, holding down this doorbell nonstop is the best way to get their attention?"  
*shakes head*
It's the best way to get us irritated with you. That's for sure.

And to top it off. She was 25 minutes early to her appointment. 

Like. I get you want to drop your dog off early. 
But...the groomers don't show up until grooming opens. They're not here early.
So you being here early? Pointless. 
No one else in the store can help you with grooming but the groomers.
So you gotta wait anyways. *shakes head*

She didn't get that either at first.
Me: The groomers won't be here until seven.
Customer: Oh, but I have an appointment at seven. 
Me: Exactly. But the groomers won't be here until Seven. So you're going to need to wait. 

*exhales*
Yah.
It was irritating. Very irritating. One shouldn't irritate me so early in the morning. Especially with noise when I'm sensitive to sounds. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment