Friday, April 20, 2018

Another Cleanliness Issue

It started out simply enough. 
A question from one roommate to the rest of us.
Because in order for there to be any major changes made in the house there has to be agreement between all of us. 

Unsurprisingly.
One roomie said "No." in response to the question.

And upon being asked "Why?" they didn't want the change to happen when there were all these 'conditions' already in place to ensure things would be fine.

The roomie was like "Well, the house is already so dirty. I just don't want it getting dirtier." 

*eye twitch*
Excuse me?
What?

*cue the ire of the rest of us* 

Because like....if the cleanliness of the house was bugging this roomie....why didn't she say anything further?! 

Like, upon moving in, we warned the roomie that we're not always the best with keeping the kitchen clean. 
-Life gets crazy, things pile up and sit there-
But if you need the kitchen clean, or if it bothers you....let us know.

Because while the rest of us are alright with a bit of a mess, we're understanding that not everyone is that way. 
And we don't do well with passive/aggressive things.

So like....if you have a problem.
Tell. 
Us. 

We don't mind bluntness. We do mind passiveagressive comments and remarks.

But if you don't say anything?
Yah, we're going to assume that everything is fine and that you're okay with things.

Because guess what?
We're not mindreaders.
We don't know when things start to get irritating.

 So the fact that roomie, out of the blue, is like "yah this place is dirty and this is why I haven't been eating dinner at the house much because the kitchen is a mess." 

Total blindside to the rest of us. 

Because did you tell us?
Nope.
You just sat there and suffered in silence so you wouldn't 'inconvenience us.'

*exhales*

Cue flashbacks to the last roommate who did that to me.

Back when I lived in the Great and Spacious Building. I had a roomie who was very nice to me to my face. Was always cleaning things. But would always assure me that things were 'fine' when I told her to tell me if I needed to fix something....
And then she ended up sending me this text of "This place is a disaster zone and I'm actually moving out of this place early because I can't stand how it's always dirty." 
And like...it terrified me.
Because she'd been so nice before and so to get blindsided by this text basically saying "I hate you and you're the cause of all my problems and I'm leaving because of you." 

So I was like Oh no!!!

And it freaked me out for like a week or so until she officially left the apartment. Got me tense and such. Worried. Stressed. Anxious. 

So to have this roomie....bring up that conditions of the house are 'dirty.' 

Total flashback to that other roommate. 

Because like...the house isn't that messy.
Like I said earlier, the dishes build up. 
But overall...the rest of the house stays pretty clean. 

So like....what do you consider 'dirty' 
What issue have you not brought up to us?

Like.. WE TOLD YOU. If something becomes an issue. JUST TELL US. 

*exhales*

Because I really don't like living with roomies who...just wait until months later to explode on something.
Dirty? 
Why did you not say so earlier?! 

Yah....
Definitely drama I didn't need right now. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment