Monday, April 23, 2018

All Together Now

I like puzzles. 

Not like the...jigsaw puzzles and puzzlely games and such --which I do like those on occasion.

But like...puzzles involving figuring out solutions to a problem presented to me and such.

Which may be why I enjoy doing the bedding changes (cage cleanings) at work. Because often it involves a bit of jigsawing to get everything moving smoothly and being able to bring more animals out onto the floor and such and get everything ordered. 

Well...today I was presented with a rarer challenge.

That of putting together a hamster cage.

As on occasion, customers ask us if we would put cages together for them. 
As most of the time the bird and hamster cages come in a pieces in a box and need to be put together. 

And most of the time, the customers just buy the cage and leave to put it together at home. 

So like...I'm not that familiar with the process, myself.
Bird cages, oh yah, easy peasy so long as you can get the roof of the cage on. lol.

Hamster cages? *shrugs* 

But today, I had a customer come into the store.
Who had bought one of our hamster cages yesterday or the day before....recently. 

And had managed to break the wheel, and couldn't get the water bottle properly into its slot and so....the hamster (though she called it a gerbil, I'm assuming it's a hamster if she got it from our store as we don't carry gerbils) managed to escape multiple times during the night because it found the holes presented to it and squeezed through.

So she brought the cage back, bought a different one, and asked my manager if we would be able to put it together for her. 

To which the manager called me over and had me help her out.
Which I didn't mind doing at all as my department was dead and I'd run out of most of my 'busy work' I could do like an hour or so earlier. 

So I plopped myself onto the floor and set to work putting the cage together. 
Glancing at the instructions as necessary, I managed to get the cage together and in working order. Everything in it's place and unbroken. 

^^;; so yay lol. 

But it was actually kinda enjoyable to do. Relaxing.
Putting together the cage helped me to have my hands busy while also stimulating my brain as I figured out how to get all the pieces and gizmos to stay together and not fall apart. 

So yay. 

Lol though I'm not going to say I want to constantly be putting together cages for customers.
It was a welcome change up from the usual stuff I do to help out the people who come into our store. ^^;; 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment